6 Ways To Get Through The Mid-Semester Slump

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

As I look outside and see nothing but dark skies and a steady rainfall in 30 degree weather, it’s hard to find motivation to do any work at all.  March is rapidly approaching, and despite spring break being on the horizon, we have a long ways to go until summer.  Here are some ways to get you out of your mid-semester slump and ready to take on the rest of the semester!  

1) Change Your Schedule Up

While I love routine, it’s nice to change things up every once in a while when possible.  Maybe find different times to do work, or even switch up your trips to Starbucks.

2) Find Time To Exercise

When things get hectic and busy, it’s hard to find the time to exercise.  Morning workouts are a great way to jump-start the day, and night-time workouts are a great way to decompress!  

3) Find A New Study Spot

We all have that place where we choose to do our work.  However, I find that changing up where I crank open the books is really beneficial to my sanity.  You may be surprised how much motivation you can gain by simply moving from the library basement to a cushiony couch next to the fireplace in Hancock.   

4) Recharge On The Weekends

GET! SOME! SLEEP!  Take some time to recharge and prepare for the week so you aren’t a walking zombie come Monday.  

5) Make A New ~Doing Work Playlist~

Find some new songs to listen to to change things up!  It’s crazy how much motivation you can gain by simply listening to some Beyoncé.

6) Make Time For Yourself

At the end of the day, make sure you have time for some self-care.  Summer may seem far away, but we will get there!  Stay positive, and make time for YOU.

Elizabeth is a senior at Marist College studying Public Relations and Advertising.  Currently serving as the Editor in Chief and CC of the Marist Chapter, she enjoys writing about entertainment, music, lifestyle, and news.