This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Nowadays there are many different types of workout clothes that it can be overwhelming to choose where to buy them from. I’ve recently started working out again and had to go shopping for some workout clothes that are cute yet functional. Here is a guide to help you with where to start looking for athletic wear.

Lululemon

Lululemon is definitely an athletic wear brand that is on the more pricey side but there is a good reason for it. I’ve had the same pair of leggings since my freshman year of high school and almost six years later they are still in perfect shape. I definitely recommend getting their align Super-High Rise Pant 28’  and their  Energy Bra Medium Support. The sports bra, although it has a high price tag, is totally worth the money!

Fabletics

I recently just started wearing Fabletics leggings this past year and I have really enjoyed them. Their products are super cute and comfortable. I love their High-Waisted PowerHold Shorts for when I am cycling. I think they are very flattering. I also like the Jessi Seemless Crop Top for running and cycling. The best thing about Fabletics is that they are affordable. They are always having sales and if you join their rewards program there are tons of perks.

90 Degree by Reflex    

90 Degree is probably what I own the most of when it comes to workout essentials. You can usually find them at Marshalls or TJMAXX, so they are very affordable. The quality of their products is amazing and is definitely worth checking out!

Nike

Nike is a brand that I have been buying from for a very long time. They are super reliable and definitely worth the price tag that can come along with it. My favorite things to get from Nike are definitely the shoes. The shoes last me for years on end and they are also quite comfortable!

Masks

I can’t include all these options without thinking that we are not in a global pandemic and to workout in a gym, you need a mask. This Adidas Mask was highly rated and very breathable for athletes that are training inside. This Zensah Mask makes it easy to wear a mask without the worry of falling down due to wrap around straps. Finally this Under Armour Mask was made with athletes in mind to protect while also making it easy and comfortable to breathe.

These are personally some of my favorite places to buy workout clothes from, while also looking cute and feeling comfortable. I hope this helps!

HCXO

Bridget Turro

Manhattan '23

Bridget is a sophomore at Manhattan College. She is majoring in political science and minoring in woman and gender studies. She loves animals, traveling and exploring NYC.