This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

For most of us, college is a time of struggle. We all are trying to get new things without breaking the bank. This is also one of the most stressful times in our lives so self-care is vital. I have compiled a list of ways to self-care without spending a lot of money.

Going to the gym

Working out is one of the best things you can do to your body to make it feel better and stronger. Just doing a simple workout once a day is proven to make you happier and productive

Face masks

Face masks can be as cheap as $1 and can make you feel better the second you put them on. The feeling of your face being healthy and hydrated really makes a difference

Taking a nap

Most of us as college students already don’t get enough sleep because of all the work we have to do. Taking time out of your busy schedule to take a short 1-hour nap can help you feel refreshed. 

Adult coloring books

If you have your own or printing pages of them out in the library, I find adult coloring books as a great form of relaxation.

Yoga

Doing yoga in your dorm room for 15 minutes a day can help reduce stress and increase patience. 

I hope this list can help you when you are stressed out during finals!

Bridget Turro

Manhattan '23

Bridget is a sophomore at Manhattan College. She is majoring in political science and minoring in woman and gender studies. She loves animals, traveling and exploring NYC.
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!