This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Exams, good grades, a social life, jobs, studying, sports, sleeping – balancing it all in college can be overwhelming. The biggest thing to know is it is OK to not be OK. You are never alone and there are plenty of resources and outlets available here at Manhattan College to help.

The Quad:

When the weather is warm and sunny, make it a point to spend time outside on the quad. Getting some sun is always an easy way to boost your mood! As a central part of campus, there are tons of people playing spike ball, soccer, or doing some homework. Spending time on the quad can be fun to hang out with friends as well as get a break from schoolwork and stress!

Clubs

With over 100 clubs on campus, there is sure to be one for everybody. Joining a club of interest should be a fun thing to do and can be an outlet for stress. Being in a club allows you to make new friends that you can rely on to offer guidance and advice, or find someone to spend time with. Joining a club gives you a social support system, making it feel like you always have a friendly face around campus.  

Kelly Commons Fitness Center:

Any type of physical activity improves happiness, which can be beneficial to increasing mental health. Exercise produces endorphins in the body which leads to overall less stress. The fitness center in Kelly Commons is a great resource on campus where you can go to workout, either with friends, individually, or in occasional group classes. Here, there is no pressure even if you are a beginner in the gym!    

Counseling Center

Always an available option is the counseling center located in Thomas Hall. It provides a variety of services to support mental and emotional health as well as overall well-being. There is individual therapy, group therapy, referrals, and more available for all Manhattan students. No matter how small your situation may seem, it is important to get proper assistance and counseling. The counseling center can help create healthy coping strategies for managing mental health and dealing with academic or emotional struggles.

Lauren Rosenberg

Manhattan '26

My name is Lauren Rosenberg and I am a sophomore exercise science major at Manhattan College! My goal is to become a sports nutritionist; food and sports are some of my favorite things. I also enjoy going to concerts, going on adventures and hanging out with friends!