This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Winter break is officially over and the spring semester is in full swing! It is time to get back into a routine and with that comes staying on top of our new year’s resolutions. This year I am trying to maintain a healthier lifestyle by eating better. I have to say I am someone who likes sweet stuff but I have found some dessert/snack options that will satisfy my cravings without overdoing things. Here are some of my healthier dessert options I have been enjoying. 

Mochi

The first time I tried mochi I really did not like it. I hated the doughy outside and how it felt against my teeth. The second time I tried mochi I loved it! It is such a great alternative to a big bowl of ice cream. My favorite brands would have to be the My/Mo Mochi and Bubbies. I love the strawberry and blood orange flavours the best! Each mochi is around 90-100 calories making it a perfect healthier dessert option.

Fruit and Dark Chocolate

Are you constantly finding yourself craving chocolate? Maybe you should consider melting some dark chocolate and dipping your favorite fruits in it! I love strawberries so whenever I have a sweet tooth, I will melt a few dark chocolate chips in a bowl and dip my fruit inside. It is a great alternative to having a chocolate bar that is full of calories. 

Muffins 

Homemade muffins are the perfect alternative to eating a cake, cupcake or any pastry like item. Muffins are something you can customize to suit your likes and dislikes. I enjoy almond butter banana muffins or chocolate chip muffins. They are healthy and full of nutritious ingredients. Just google healthy muffin recipes and find what suits your likes!

I hope you enjoyed reading about some healthier dessert options. Best of luck in the spring semester and keep up your new year’s resolutions! You can do it!

As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!