samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Ways to Procrastinate During Midterm Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

It is clear from the unrelenting sound of keyboard typing in the library, the chattering sound of nail biting in class, and the zombie like demeanor of students across campus, that the oh so unfortunate time of year we call midterms has sprung upon us again. And of course, with this necessitation of immense focus and concentration comes the antithesis; procrastination. As much as we like to demonize this evil twin of our attention span, procrastination provides us with an excuse to focus our attention towards pretty much everything but our task at hand and gives us an escape when our workload is too much to bare. Because we know that everyone deserves a study break, Her Campus Manhattan College has compiled a list of the best ways to procrastinate during midterm week (because we know you’re going to with or without our help).

1) Binge watch your favorite Netflix series.

2) Discover your inner culinary genius.

3) Take a nap … Or 5 

4) Dedicate your new found free time to establishing online connections.

5) Update social media apps religiously every few minutes.

6) Find the ambition to finally workout (because sweating is slightly more bearable than studying).

7) Tune into music that puts you at ease.

8) Shed a few tears

9) Then, get it together and pick up that pen. 

And remember, It’s almost friday

Rachel is a lover of the oxford comma, rainy days, and anything breakfast related.