Wellness

Affirmations For a Healthier Mind and Body

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

With social media, it’s so easy to compare yourself to other people or fall into the negative self-talk. One of the most important things we can do remind ourselves that we are perfect just the way we are with the help of positive affirmations. 

Morning Affirmations

One thing that helps me is saying a positive affirmation to myself right when I first wake up. This is the best time to remind ourselves how special we are, and it is a great way to start the day off on a good note. When you wake up, make sure to say something nice to yourself, whether it be about your features, or just you as a person. If you tend to have negative self-talk when you look at yourself in a mirror, try putting a photo of you as a child on it. Sometimes we forget that when we say bad things to ourselves, we are really saying it to the little version of us, so remember to be kind to yourself!

Stabilizing Affirmations

It is really easy to get overwhelmed, whether it be from school, work or just life. When this happens, use positive affirmations to ground yourself, and remind yourself that everything is okay. Simply saying, I am living in the moment, everything works out for me, can stabilize you, and get you in the mindset that things will be just fine! Affirmations like these can also be used before a test or exam, or even an event or game to help stabilize you and manifest the best. 

Love Affirmations

Who doesn’t love love? One of my favorite affirmations is, I am kind and loving to others, and as such, I attract more love into my life. This is one of my favorites because it reminds us that gaining love from others is not as important as putting it out into the world. What we give comes back to us, so being positive and loving towards others will only bring more love and positivity to you! Also, making sure to have self-love is very important for spreading love, as we can only love others once we love ourselves. 

Health Affirmations

It is important to remember that taking care of our mind and body goes hand in hand! Saying things to yourself such as, I am healthy, happy and radiant, is good to say in order to keep your energy up. You could also say, I love my body because it allows me to eat and keeps me healthy. These are really good affirmations to say when you are lacking energy or feeling insecure because they remind us of our vitality and how special and beautiful our bodies are. Keeping yourself healthy by eating good food and getting rest, as well as maintaining a sense of peace and happiness are both important parts of having a healthy mind and body. Taking care of yourself is always a must!

It’s easy to get caught up in negative self-talk, however loving yourself and taking care of yourself are so important to be successful and healthy. Saying affirmations when you wake up, before bed or at any other time of the day is very helpful for staying positive. Once you start being kind to yourself, and when you give love out to the world, positivity will come back to you!

Makenzie Swift

Manhattan '26

Makenzie is a sophomore at Manhattan College, majoring in communication and journalism. Makenzie is a writer for the Manhattan College Her Campus chapter. Makenzie covers a variety of different topics such as style guides, health and wellness advice, and spirituality. Makenzie also writes and does production for the Quadrangle Student Newspaper at Manhattan, as well as production for Lotus, the fashion magazine at MC. Makenzie loves to follow fashion trends and styles, and enjoys sharing creative ideas for fashion as well as advice for mental health and overall self care.