Wellness > Mental Health

5 Things to Add To Your Morning Routine To Start Your Day Off Right

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Having a morning routine that works for you can help you achieve more and feel accomplished by the end of the night. The way you start your morning can have an impact on your productivity for the rest of the day. Adding these simple steps will not only improve your day but also make you feel good! Here are 5 things you can do to start your day off right.

1. Don’t go on your phone

I know it’s hard since my phone is definitely the first thing I want to grab when I wake up, but it can affect your mood. When you wake up, you’re in a relaxed state, and checking social media can cause unwanted anxiety and stress. Instead, you should get straight out of bed and continue onto the next tip of making your bed!

2. Make your bed

Making your bed will make you feel accomplished first thing in the morning. It can also prevent you from getting back into your bed. With an organized bed, you can start your day on a high note!

3. Meditate and Journal

Mediation in the morning can help calm your mind and set positive intentions for the rest of your day. Just spend 5 minutes of meditation and it will reduce your anxiety and improve your concentration. After meditating, start journaling. Journaling, especially about gratitude, is another great way to start your day in a more positive mindset. 

4. Exercise

In my opinion, the best time to exercise is in the morning. Moving your body in any way like doing yoga, going on a walk, or going for a run can set your day up for success. It is also another way to start your day with the feeling of accomplishment. 

5. Create a to-do list

Before I start my day, I love creating to-do lists to help me organize and manage my time. They can also help you prioritize your time to make the most out of your day. 

I hope these tips help you start your mornings right for more productive days!  

Juliette Cazzari

Manhattan '23

Hi! I’m a sophomore at Manhattan College majoring in communication with a concentration in public relations.