5 Books to Read (If You Have the Time)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I feel like I’m already drowning in work to do, even though we’re only a month or so into the semester. It would be perfect to head back to the beach and relax with a good book. Maybe if you head to the quad and close your eyes to pretend you are at the beach, you can trick yourself into believing that. But for now, a good book may be all you need to de-stress. Besides all of the homework you’ve been doing, reading for fun is a great distraction. Here are five of my favorite, easy reads for all genres:

If you’re into love/coming of age novels- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

If you want to read a coming of age/all-around favorite novel- Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

If you’re interested in crying your eyes out and loving a book forever- The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

If you love female authors and mysteries and plot twists- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

If you love the classics or want to watch the adaptation with Leonardo DiCaprio after reading it- The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald

Class of 2019. Communication Major. Film Studies/Digital Media Art Minor. Maryland girl exploring NYC and writing all about it! Follow me on Instagram: @taylorbrethauer and Twitter: @itstaybytheway Stalk my photography blog here: throughtaylorsviewfinder.tumblr.com