bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

4 Ways to Never Hit the Snooze Button

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Create a morning habit

Having a morning routine that you enjoy can really help get you up in the morning. Whether its washing your face, or listening to a morning playlist, looking forward to waking up the way YOU want to is the best feeling. For me, I love to add an essential oil to my morning routine. I might pop in an oil to my diffuser that wakes me up, usually it’s something citrusy. 

Go to sleep earlier

I guess this one is self explanatory but it’s also most effective. Even going to sleep one hour earlier can give the impression that you’ve got a lot more sleep, and a lot more energy. When you wake up, you will assume you got enough sleep and be more inclined to get out of bed. In college this is a harder step. Some days you might have a large assignment you must do, or your floor or room is just being noisy. It’s important that you stop doing that assignment or put headphones on and allow yourself some time to sleep. Hopefully, if you wake up early, you’ll have time to go to the library and finish the assignment. 

Not keeping your room at freezing temperature

Especially that it’s beginning to get colder, it’s important that you don’t leave your AC blasting at 60° all night because I promise you it will be harder to wake up in the morning. If I wake up to a cold room, all I want to do is stay under the covers till I absolutely need to get up. Keep your room at comfortable but also reasonable temperature. 

It’s the first step to self improvement 

Some of the most successful people wake up early. You can be the most productive if you decide to wake up at an earlier time. Once you get into the routine of waking up, it will become a habit. Just think, if you wake up this one time, it will be easier tomorrow, and then the day after that. Eventually, your body will naturally wake up earlier. Next thing you know you’re the first one at the gym in the morning. Start waking up early to begin the journey of self- improvement. It’s a great first step!

Alana Pons

Manhattan '22

Hi everyone! My name is Alana Pons. I grew up in NYC and went to high school on the upper east side. I’ve always loved everything about the city and am really passionate about finding the best spots for food, art, pictures and fun!
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!