rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Mental Health

10 Things Every College Girl Needs to Hear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

College is a stressful time, so much so that even the sallest things could make you feel like giving up. This is the time when we’re trying to figure out what we want to do with the rest of our lives so when one little thing goes wrong, it’s not uncommon for us to treat it like it’s the end of the world. We give minor bumps in the road too much credit and let them weigh down our emotions as if they are the only thing that matters. We need to understand that bad things are always going to be happening to us. Things aren’t going to go as planned and people are going to hurt us, but in the end the most powerful tool you have is your own mind. It’s all up to you to decide how you’re going to let these things affect you. So, while everyone faces there own challenges in college, on some general level we are all dealing with the similar problems so here are so things I wish someone would have told me when I started school.

1. Your major doesn’t make you any smarter or more likely to get a job than anybody else.

2.On that note, you wont get what you want unless you work your butt off for it. Nobody is handing you your dream job.

3. FOMO (Failure of missing out) is totally a thing but don’t let partying get in the way of your work. You’ll regret it.

4. Also, sometimes it’s okay to miss the party to stay in and watch Netflix.

5. That jerk who didn’t want to be with you won’t mean anything in the future.

6. Not dating someone in college is perfectly okay.

7. Don’t worry about having a lot of friends. At this point in your life its time to start looking for quality rather than quantity.

8. Learn how to vent, but not complain. Complaining fuels negative energy.

9. Get a job. College is expensive and you’re going to feel guilty constantly asking your parents for money.

10. “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today”