This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.

Welcome to Her Campus at University of Manchester, one chapter of the world’s #1 new-media brand for the empowered university woman.

Led by four of the university’s most passionate journalists, HC Manchester will publish top content on everything that matters to the female student from career and news to sex, fashion, beauty and health. We also aim to be your go-to guide to everything Manchester has to offer including food, nightlife and events.

Campus Correspondent / Editor-in-Chief: Bec Oakes

Bec is a third-year English Language student and an experienced writer, having written both local and national articles for The Tab between 2015-2017 and on a personal blog for the past six years.

She’s also been a brand ambassador for Victoria’s Secret and Bumble, has spent over 12 days on coaches to infamous SKUM trips and enjoys nothing more than putting things in online shopping baskets before hastily abandoning them.

Bec chose to launch a HC chapter in Manchester as the next step in her career in journalism and can’t wait to use it to empower, celebrate and support the incredible women of the university community.

Senior Editor: Hana Kelly

Hana is a third-year student, studying for a bachelor’s degree in Linguistics. Her extensive experience includes writing for The Tab and The Mancunion, working for Independent on Sunday and an internship with Society19.

Hana is also a blogger and staunch feminist and her favourite things to write about include gender equality, politics and the endless struggles faced by the “snowflake generation”.

She’s looking forward to working as HC Manchester’s Senior Editor and is really excited about how this experience will help with her future endevours as a journalist.

Events Director: Nat Willetts

Nat is a second-year Literature and History student with a passion for food journalism. She has built an online presence writing restaurant reviews in London, Barcelona and Paris, alongside writing for The Mancunion.

A natural-born businesswoman, Nat has also been the driving force behind several small businesses from handmade bracelets in her adolescence to baking bread as a college and university student.

She loves French culture and counts a dish of moules-frites from the South of France among her favourite dishes. Truffle and artichoke stuffed gnocchi from the restaurant at London’s National Art Gallery and the burgers at Manchester’s V-Rev also score highly. Her ultimate goal in life is to travel the world with her future family, writing as an independent food journalist and fiction writer.

Social Media Director – Jess Chapman

Jess is in her third year at the University of Manchester, studying Politics and Modern History. Her interests lie in African American race relations and female political representation and she aims to work in research for a news channel or government agency when she graduates.

In her spare time, Jess loves binge watching crime documentaries, going on city breaks and doing crosswords. She also volunteers at a youth centre for children with learning difficulties and runs their social media pages.

As social media director for HC Manchester, Jess wants to continue exploring social media as a form of marketing and advertisement and encourage more university women to become engaged with politics.

Her Campus at Manchester is recruiting! If you’d like the opportunity to write for a leading new-media brand that reaches over 35 million monthly users, get in touch at manchester@hercampus.com – no experience required, just passion, dedication and the desire to empower. HCXO!