This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Now that school has officially begun and summer is over, you will definitely have a busy schedule. Along with handling school you might have to handle friendships, relationships, a job, an internship, and most importantly self-care. Juggling all of these things can seem stressful. I know I have been trying to handle all of it, especially with my new part-time job I just got. This is the first time where I had to learn how to handle a job and school. While it may seem overwhelming and stressful it can be done!

Tip 1

This first tip is to have a planner. This is what has literally saved me from forgetting about when I have to go to work, class, and homework. Having something easy and on hand where you can write things down in a hurry can really be a game changer. It also keeps everything neat and organized making it almost impossible for you to forget to do something. You can either use a real planner or a digital one. Here is a past article on how to make a digital one!

Tip 2

The second tip is to only focus on what you are currently doing. For example, if you are at work and you have homework to do, only focus on your job. There is no point in stressing at work about the assignments you have to do. You should just focus on one task at a time. This has helped me a lot with my anxiety and feeling overwhelmed.

Tip 3

Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you have too many assignments to do, ask your boss for some time off. If you have long hours at your job and come back tired, ask your professor for an extension. Never be afraid to ask your professor or boss for help, they will understand!

All of these tips have worked for me and even though it’s hard sometimes and I get overwhelmed, I think of all of my goals and my future and that’s what pushes me through. Just take it one day at a time!

Jackie is Senior at Lynn University. She is a Marketing major and has big plans for her future. She enjoys many things like fashion, content creating, and spending time with friends and family. Some of her passions are creating content and fashion. She is also the Marketing Director & President for her chapter. She hopes to have a successful career and a bright future!