This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

“What truly matters is how you see yourself because when we believe we are that type of person, we soon become that personification.” —Giuliana Carrozza, Author of Brand You: How to Achieve Success through Personal Branding. 

After almost a year of preparations and hard work: I did it! I published my very first book. Brand You: How to Achieve Success through Personal Branding was officially published May 3rd and is available through Amazon, Kobo, and Ingram. 

I spent a lot of time thinking about what I should write in this article to represent my journey of becoming an author to its entire and actual scenario. Then I realized that the best way of doing this was to write a letter that could describe how the book and its process changed me. 

teacup with flower and book page
Photo by Debby Hudson from Unsplash
Once it came to my sense that I’d be, in fact, publishing a book, it scared me so much. Mainly because I knew I could make it. I knew that people could be holding my book a year from that day and reading what I had to say. It definitely scared me. But, as I wrote in Brand You: “everything that I accomplished until today was a dream someday. A dream that scared me more than anything just by thinking I could make it.” 

When I realized people would read what I had to share, I saw a need to make a difference. I wanted to bring a different perspective, another view, something that people could relate to and change their lives. That was my main goal for Brand You, which by the time, didn’t have a title yet or even the content it has today. But I knew that my book needed to make a difference in people’s lives. I want the readers to pick it up and feel motivated to be who they truly are because that’s the beauty of living: being ourselves twenty-four-seven. 

I started thinking of what I could write about. I always thought about fiction, but I was hesitant about it for some reason. Then, suddenly Brand You came to me like a glimpse, as if someone was whispering in my ears. Finally, I knew what topic I had to write about to impact people the way I wanted to. I want to help them see their uniqueness, celebrate it and live their lives as the protagonist of their stories. Life is too short to not be who we want to be. 

I’ve always been a person who wanted to know myself to its whole. Since a young age, I’ve been so curious about how I act, react, or what I aim for in life. So often, I’d observe others and wonder if they knew who they are. Being this curious person has helped me open my eyes for more than is in front of me. As a result, I’m always down for an adventure and a twisted change in my routine. So when I realized that this is, in fact, a unique trait that I have among other strengths in my personality, I knew this was the type of impact I wanted to provide for people who pick up Brand You. I want people to see that you can become your best self by knowing your strengths. Always. 

With that in mind, I also linked this idea to other passions that I have, creating a holistic view of a personal brand. The holistic view consists of seeing yourself through the “lens” of a brand, boosting first impressions, developing your style, displaying the power of colors, sharing your story to the world, living a life with purpose, and most of all, finding happiness.

Couple sitting next to lights watching sunset
Photo by Nathan Dumlao from Unsplash
Brand You is a book for everyone because all of us can become truly successful in life—that is a fact. You can be the successful professional you want to be. You can attract the right people to your life. You can be happy. But, most importantly, you can live a life with meaning.

I say this because that’s precisely the impact Brand You had in my life. It may sound cliché, but I gained my voice through the process of writing this book. I had a purpose of doing it: I want to help others feel good about being themselves. Because when I started seeing myself as the person I wanted to be, everything changed, and it should change you too. 

The book has many techniques and methods that truly work. It’s practical and tangible. But, most of all, it doesn’t matter your background, your previous experience, or what’s your dream. Because it’s achievable anything you want in life, you just need the effective means to do so. Brand You is for everyone who wishes to elevate their lives, create a legacy and be the leader of your story. Don’t wait for other people to make your dream come true. Do it yourself. You can, and you deserve it. 

Brand You, thank you for changing my life in so many ways. I definitely am not the same person who first pitched my book idea last year. But, I’m much stronger, self-aware of who I’m and what I can do to help others. You made me discover my purpose and mission in this world, and I’ll be forever thankful for that. I hope the readers can find theirs as well if they don’t know yet. And if they know, I hope they gain the courage to go after their purpose because what truly matters in life, in the end, is how you spend your time here. Doing what we love, what we’re good at—and I mean, your true talent—is the real meaning of living. We’re all here for a reason, and we all need that reason from you. You can change the world. 

woman holding sparkler
Photo by Fachy Marín from Unsplash
One thing is for sure, this is just the beginning. Now my book is out globally, and I hope it benefits everyone who reads it or hears about it. That’s my main goal. 

“If we focus on communicating our story with others, finding our big why behind our names, and contributing back to the world, success will come naturally.” —Giuliana Carrozza, Author of Brand You: How to Achieve Success through Personal Branding.

Love, 

Giuliana 

If you want to know more about Brand You, please access the website or follow the Instagram page.

Giuliana is a Contributing National Writer for Her Campus, and the former Editor-In-Chief and President of Her Campus at Lynn. She recently graduated from Lynn University, with a BS in Marketing, Fashion & Retail and International Business Management. Among a lot of passions, Giuliana shows a high interest in the Publishing and the Marketing Industry. She is the author of the latest book "Brand You: How to Achieve Success through Personal Branding," which was published in May 2021. The book provides a new perspective on personal branding and personal marketing. One of her biggest dreams is to continue growing her own brand and help other people achieve success through their uniqueness. Giuliana is also a sister of Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, and member of Golden Key International Honour Society and Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration.