Wellness

How to Know that You Are Growing & Glowing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Do we highlight the green flags as much as we should?

Let’s be honest, it’s so easy to point out in ourselves every little aspect of our personality or lifestyle that, from our view, needs to be improved. The reason for that is that change often comes from a situation that is bothering us, primarily for something that has been giving us red flags for a long time. 

The thing is that when we’re not in this urge to make a change, we often forget to appreciate how far we’ve come. Surely you’ve heard before that “life is a rollercoaster ride,” and it’s not wrong. Some days we’ll be feeling our best, in the top, but then comes a significant drop, and what we’ll make us feel strong to hold us tight in that little metal handle in front of our sits is the called resilience. 

Resilience is something that many of us have learned the hard way through the ups and downs the global pandemic caused in our lives. Learning how to live with restrictions and be deprived of doing things our way, resilience comes to calm our nerves and tell us that everything will find its place. 

But how to know that you’re, in fact, moving forward and growing in the direction of having a significant glow-up? Here are some signs to look out for in yourself. 

Happy, cozy & comfy

When you look at your life today, the place you live, where you work and study, the people around you, everything seems to be in the perfect state as possible for the reality you live in. You feel that you have a place to go when things get a little tricky during the length of your day, and you also know what you need to make yourself feel comfortable and cozy again in your free time. This happiness state also indicates that you know exactly how to identify your emotions and cope with them without hiding behind them or oppressing them. You’re in complete control of your happiness, and you know it.

Social bubble, no trouble

You can quickly identify people you love and who love you back, that have been there for you before, and that you can count on to go in times of need. This social bubble effect often happens when you downsize your social interactions to only people who have the best interest at heart for you, and you realize that quantity vs. quality is never the game-changer. Setting boundaries is a great tool to find your critical social bubble, even if it is formed by people from different groups. The important thing is that love is why that person is with you in that bubble.  

Your dream is a priority

Whether through work or school, achieving your dream is one of your top priorities in life because you know how important it is for you and how you want to give that to yourself. Setting up concrete plans that will lead to goals to achieve your dreams is the most fantastic sign of a person growing towards their best self. Choosing to do what makes you happy is not always the easiest way, but indeed is the funniest and most rewarding one. 

Money is a resource

You start to realize that money is more a resource than something to simply flow through your paycheck to the cashier. When you catch yourself putting back that product on the shelf at your favorite store, you know you are saving for a need instead of investing in a want. You’re definitely in charge of your independence. 

Time is precious

When life starts getting busier and busier, you realize how little time you spend with people you care about and do things you love and are suitable for you. For that, when you caught yourself questioning if going to that event will be a waste of time and energy, you’re definitely growing and glowing. 

Always remember that you get what you focus on. If you start acknowledging your small successes each day and celebrating your achievements, how far you’ve become, and the person you’re becoming, you will only move forward.

The most precious thing we all have in our lives is to live in the way that only we know-how. Only you know what’s good for you, what makes you happy, and what doesn’t. Don’t be stuck in what should have been or what others expect from you. Go out there, grow and glow, thriving to become who you are meant to be. Because, let’s be honest, you already are that person. 

Giuliana is a Contributing National Writer for Her Campus, and the former Editor-In-Chief and President of Her Campus at Lynn. She recently graduated from Lynn University, with a BS in Marketing, Fashion & Retail and International Business Management. Among a lot of passions, Giuliana shows a high interest in the Publishing and the Marketing Industry. She is the author of the latest book "Brand You: How to Achieve Success through Personal Branding," which was published in May 2021. The book provides a new perspective on personal branding and personal marketing. One of her biggest dreams is to continue growing her own brand and help other people achieve success through their uniqueness. Giuliana is also a sister of Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, and member of Golden Key International Honour Society and Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration.