This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

It is about time to write a letter to the world. A message that must be read and reflected by all of us. Not specifically, this one. We all have a letter to the world. We all know what truly matters deep inside. 

Starting in January 2020, the world began to change its course with the appearance of a new pandemic: COVID-19. With the transmission being from person to person, the population all around the world start facing a new challenge. The routine changes, schools transitioned to online classes, we had to practice self-isolation and take care of the people we love to make everyone safe. But, by living in this historical moment, what needs to change after all this situation is more stable? 

It is no news that the occurrence of significant events like this leads to a change in the lifestyle of people. 2020 marks the start of a new decade, a new beginning, and hopefully more responsibility from us. I stopped and started looking around in this chaotic moment. How many people are worried more about other things than other’s health? Leaders from all around the world focusing on stocks and having the economy to flow, but forgetting to address safety measures to help keep everyone safe. “Stay at home” – that is what we mostly hear at this moment. Although what no one seems to discuss is the reason behind it.

This past week I heard a public figure saying that those who are discouraging you from practicing self-isolation do not know the faces of the people you love and are trying to protect. No one can take this action besides you. It is self-consciousness, and the main thing the moment asks right now is this. How much humanity do we carry on our everyday lives? Has the rush of our routine put aside our empathy for others?

It is not easy to stay at home without having your routine, with school, work, friends, and vacation. For someone that has never been at home for more than two days, it is hard. But people seem to forget what we are doing here. It is not the time to be selfish. It is not about me, you, her or him, it is about us – this whole nation of the world – and our responsibility to take care of it. 

I started to think about what this whole moment represents to our society. It is time to touch our hearts and realize what matters. It is time to get to know our shadows. Where have we been when someone asked for help? Are we just complaining about the situation or making a change? Today is the time to start seeing things differently. Basic needs, health, and safety always come first. And it is time to fight for that because without it; we are nothing. 

The need for change is a renovation of ourselves. The way we deal with our problems, how we treat others, the way we think, how we take care of our surroundings, our priorities. With this ask for help from Earth, we all have the opportunity to change. We can no longer go on living like this. 

May this be a healing time for all humanity on Earth. May this be the time we start taking more care of each other. May this time let us forget how we lived before – with ignorance and without following our hearts. May we create new and wiser dreams. May we make new sensible choices and create a new lifestyle. May we heal Earth.

Giuliana is a Contributing National Writer for Her Campus, and the former Editor-In-Chief and President of Her Campus at Lynn. She recently graduated from Lynn University, with a BS in Marketing, Fashion & Retail and International Business Management. Among a lot of passions, Giuliana shows a high interest in the Publishing and the Marketing Industry. She is the author of the latest book "Brand You: How to Achieve Success through Personal Branding," which was published in May 2021. The book provides a new perspective on personal branding and personal marketing. One of her biggest dreams is to continue growing her own brand and help other people achieve success through their uniqueness. Giuliana is also a sister of Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, and member of Golden Key International Honour Society and Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.