Holiday Activities to Get You in The Holly & Jolly Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

The holiday season is coming up, and there are many festive activities to do! The holiday season is a fantastic time to get together with family and friends to make memories. This is one of my favorite times of the year! There is always so much to do that you don’t know what to start with. So here are some fun holiday activities to do with your friends and family. 

Fun in The Snow  

If you live near the mountains or somewhere near snow, definitely take advantage of it. There are so many fun activities to do! When going up to the mountains, definitely go skiing or snowboarding. This is a fun winter sport to do in the mountains. Sledding down the mountains is always a fun time, especially with family and friends; if you don’t live near the mountains and want to do a winter sport, go ice skating! Ice skating is so much fun and puts you in the holiday mood. If you don’t want to do any sports, build a snowman with the family or start a snowball fight! All of these fun activities in the snow will make a memory that will last a lifetime.  

Holiday Treats  

There are so many different holiday treats you can make! One of my personal favorites is building a gingerbread house with my friends and family. It is so much fun seeing everyone trying to build their houses  and hoping they won’t break down. Another fun holiday treat is the holiday cookies! Picking out which shapes for the cookies is exciting since there are so many options. If you prefer holiday drinks, hot chocolate is the perfect fit for you. You can add marshmallows to your hot chocolate.  

Christmas Market 

Going to the Christmas market is always a good time. You get to see the city all decorated and get in the holiday mood. There are so many different shops, and food stands that you can be there for hours. My favorite part of the Christmas market is getting some holiday treats and seeing all the decorations; if your city does not have a Christmas market you can go around the neighbourhood and see all the Christmas decorations and the lights up!  

There are so many holiday activities to do with your loved one. What holiday activity will you be doing this holiday season? 

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.