The Lalaplaid Duster Brick Wall Girl Walking
Her Campus Media
Wellness

Carrie Underwood: A Role Model

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Carrie Underwood has grown tremendously since her first debut on American Idol and winning the 2005 season to becoming a multi-format, multi-media superstar, gaining achievements in music, film, and television. Underwood had been a seven-time Grammy Award winner by selling 64 million records around the world and recording 26 singles which hit #1, and she co-wrote 13 of them. Now, on top of all of this she can add the title of becoming an author.  

Underwood wants to share her life and workouts with her fans by writing a book called “Stay the Path.”  

“I realized at a certain point I was not putting myself forward and slowing down,” said Underwood. “I did not want that. I took a few detours on my path, but I have gotten back on track in my life, my world, and my balance.”  

Underwood’s book discusses and demonstrates her life as a wife, mom, and superstar. Throughout her book, she has some recipes that she has made as a meal plan for healthy eating. Towards the end of her book, there is a part of exercising, which relates to her new app called fit52.  

“You are always moving forward and take a little detour,” said Underwood. “That is okay, just as long as you are moving forward that is all it is when it comes to your health and fitness.” 

Being a workout clothing line creator, Underwood wanted to start something new. Underwood created an app called fit52 with her trainer, Eve Overland. The app is an easy balanced way to wellness.  

Fit52 is a way to help find your path 52 weeks out of the year. The workout app is fun as well as a community-based platform. You do not have to be in the gym for this app.  

Within the app there is a deck of cards. Each of the 52 cards reveal an exercise depending on the suit and how number of reps depend on the card number. Underwood demonstrates the exercises before you start each one.  

Within the fit52 app, every workout is different. When you first start, make sure you choose a fitness level that is true to yourself because Underwood and others do not want you to get hurt. The goal is to become stronger and better in health and fitness. When working out, you will start with a warmup and finish with a cool down leaving you completing either 26 or 52 exercises. All the exercises can take up to 30 minutes!  

“I have a lot of intentions with the app,” said Underwood. “I am very excited to see where this is going to go.” 

Working out is part of her routine, and when she does not take the time for herself it shows. It does not matter if it is 10 minutes or 90 minutes, she does it to help let go of stress, steam or simply to become healthier.  

Although Underwood has been in love with working out these past 10 years, she also has her cheat days. But hey, doesn’t everyone?  

“I like red wine and chocolate a lot,” Underwood said. “I carry little mini chocolate’s around in my bag and some cheese. I want to say I am vegan, but vegan cheese does not taste the same as regular cheese.”  

Underwood has grown so much through these past 15 years as a singer. Since the beginning, many fans look up to her and believe she has and will continue to make a change in society.

Olivia is a senior at Lynn University. She is studying multimedia journalism with a minor in education. Before this, she would write every once in a while for herself, but her real passion for writing started during her senior year in high school when she illustrated the pain of losing a parent. She loves new experiences and getting to know different cultures, which is why she studied abroad in London over the summer of 2019. She hopes to continue writing and become a news anchor in a major city.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.