This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

If you’re addicted to watching crime shows like myself, then this is the list for you! Nothing is better than a little action with a side of drama. One of my favorite things about watching crime shows is how they incorporate what is going on in the world into a story for the viewers. A lot of the storylines within these crime shows also take on real issues that are happening in the world and create it into a form of entertainment.  

So to all my crime junkies out there, here is a list of my top five favorite crime shows to watch!  

Law and Order Special Victims Unit  

Words cannot explain how much I am obsessed with this show! I have been watching this since I was like nine (a little young) but this show is just so good that my nine year self was into watching this! 

Law and Order SVU is about an elite squad called the Special Victims Unit who are a part of the NYPD department and they work with Special Victims. They investigate crimes involving sexual assault, domestic abuse, kidnapping, and more! You can watch more of Law and Order SVU on Thursday nights airing on NBC

Chicago PD 

If you know me then you know that I am in love with Chicago PD. There are so many reasons why this show is amazing. Let’s talk about good-looking detectives, the storylines, Hank Voight’s voice, the interrogation room! I can list so many reasons!  

The show is about another elite squad although they are in Chicago. This elite squad is known as the Intelligence Unit of Chicago PD who investigate crimes revolving around kidnapping, trafficking, sexual violence—just about anything! I recommend this show 100 percent! Catch Chicago PD on Wednesday nights airing on NBC

Blue Bloods 

Another one of my favorite crime shows!  

Blue Bloods is about a family of cops all working for the NYPD but in different fields of the system such as the police commissioner, a detective, a lawyer, and a patrol officer. Blue Bloods does not have a lot of graphic scenes that you would see in Law Order SVU, but it still has that binge-watching feeling when watching the show. You can watch Blue Bloods on CBS!  

NCIS Los Angeles 

Others Prefer NCIS New Orleans and others would rather watch NCIS Los Angeles. I like both but my favorite is Los Angeles. So would you believe me if I said I have seen every episode of NCIS Los Angeles?! I have been watching this show most likely since I have been watching Law and Order SVU which I’ve also seen every episode in.  

NCIS Los Angeles is about another elite squad that works undercover to investigate crimes. This elite squad works for the Naval Criminal Investigative Service and does mostly undercover work. The show features a different type of policing and not in a way where it deceives because we get to see these characters investigate crime working undercover! 

That’s so cool! 

Criminal Minds 

I’ve talked about how much I love Criminal Minds in a recent article but this is the show to watch! The show features good-looking detectives, a badass team… you can rewatch this show and never get bored!  

Criminal Minds is another elite squad that works for the FBI. They are known as the Behavioral Analysis Unit (B.A.U) who analyzed the most dangerous serial killers! Sounds like an elite group to me! You can watch Criminal Minds on Netflix.

You know it is a good crime show when the plot starts with “Elite Squad”! All my favorite shows that I have listed all feature these elite squads. Coincidence? I think not. 

Kayla is currently a Senior at Lynn University majoring in Communications  with a focus on social media. Kayla spends a lot of her time participating in a variety of Lynn’s media outlets. Kayla has co hosted a weekly segment for the Lynn radio and for the past year has been a contributor on Her Campus Lynn social media and wrirting for the magazine.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.