This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Oh no, what are you doing? No, you cannot be serious. Do not act clueless and yes, I’m speaking to you. There you go again, getting upset, because he’s not doing right by you. You just beat your face with that $30 Mac foundation and you’re here adding creases to your forehead, because you’re stressing. Which is something you really shouldn’t be doing. It’s not cute. I promise you. It’s a waste of energy worrying about someone who isn’t thinking about you. I’m sure he’s focused on that 2K. So, don’t waste your time writing that paragraph for the fourth time for this week. Just think about it for a minute. But while you are, I’m gonna give you a few tips on doing what is best for you.

1) Deep Breaths

This is the moment where you are realizing that you aren’t even breathing. Yes, look at you trying to kill yourself over him. Just closing your eyes and breathe deeply. This helps you come to your senses that you’re emotionally overwhelmed and that you aren’t thinking properly.

2) Notifications Off

Yes, we’ve all been there, every time that phone goes off or vibrates, you’re immediately doing the dash across the room just to see if it’s him. It’s most likely not him. So save yourself the trouble and put him on mute. 

3) Listen to Hot Girl Music

Nothing is better than hearing songs that give you that internal power to achieve everything without him. Remember that you are a queen who is moping and wasting time on the unimportant. Skip that depressing song and start pumping yourself up. Go off with that hairbrush in the mirror!

4) Drink That Tea

Nothing ends the day after going through the motions is some of that tea. No not the gossip, I mean actual tea. When someone isn’t giving you the love or affection you need, tea is there to make you feel all warm inside. 

5) Occupy Yourself

You need to keep your mind busy and away from the thought of him. Write that paper that you’ve been procrastinating about or study for that upcoming exam. If you have time to entertain the foolishness, then you should also have time to complete the meaningful things. After completing those steps, remind yourself that you’re a beautiful queen, who doesn’t need the stress or negativity. Don’t lose yourself trying to prove yourself to someone who doesn’t see your value. 

HELLO I’m Ariel Paul, I am from little old New Jersey, but my heart is from the big city. I am a small girl, in a big world who was brought here to influence people. I’m currently studying political science in the Sunshine state. I am all about loving, living, and trying to figure out how to live in peace with everything that I can’t control. Writing, music, and food is the way to my heart. I hope whomever reads my words, truly are moved and feels understood. <3
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.