3 Ethical Fashion Influencers Who Will Inspire You To Have A More Conscious Fashion Taste

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Looking to find ways to become more sustainable? There’s no better way to start with your closet and fashion choices. It may seem difficult to find clothing brands that are ethical and sustainable BUT search no further—here are three fashion-forward women who fit into this category of sustainability! Understand their story and how they incorporate their daily styles with ethical purchases. Who knows? Maybe you’ll be inspired and become the next sustainable fashion influencer!

Kathleen | @consciousnchic

Kathleen aka Kat, has been blogging since 2009 and has been passionate about sustainable and ethical fashion clearly since day one. She has her own “Conscious N Chic Blog” that has been featured on Elle, Flare, Essence and Toronto Life. My personal favorite article is “How to Shop According to Your Values,” where she speaks about the ugly side of the fashion industry and how unethical treatment of people inspired her to begin her journey into sustainability. Her feed is full of bright colors, inspiring quotes, trendy looks and many interesting blogs to read up on. Give Kat a follow to feel inspired! 

“Style is Queen but fit is King! Don’t follow trends. Dress to compliment your body and work it!”

Aditi | @aditimayer 

Aditi Mayer is from Los Angeles and has one of the most gorgeous Instagram feeds I have ever seen! She shares her passion through fashion photography and sustainable fashion. When looking at her feed, you can clearly see and almost hear her voice through her images. She is focused on finding a balance between social politics, style and sustainability. Aditi was also featured on Vogue and is known as “the sustainably activist decolonising fashion, one Instagram post at a time”. She is definitely worth the follow! 

Leah | @unmaterialgirl

Leah is an Australian blogger from Melbourne with a very creative and quirky fashion style. Leah also has her own Unmaterial Girl blog where she writes about being an ethical influencer and she answers very transparent questions especially within the influencer realm. Leah definitely will inspire you to live a creative lifestyle while being super conscious of what you purchase.  

Instagram is the go-to when in need for an outfit inspiration and a home where new fashion trends tend to flourish into the fashion industry. While most Instagram influencers promote fast fashion brands and use outfit inspirations on a daily basis, these three women aim at doing the opposite. They educate their followers, shed light on real world problems even within the fashion industry and give style advice and tips.

I am always on the look-out for fashion influencers that stand out the most to me so stay tuned for more fashion influencers!

Kelly Webb is the Vice President and Content Creator Director of Her Campus at Lynn. Kelly is an international student from South Africa studying Fashion and Retail Management at Lynn University. She holds other leadership positions such as the Recruitment and Social Media Chair of Theta Phi Alpha sorority. Kelly is extremely creative and she loves sharing her passion and interests with others.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.