This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

There are so many reasons why you need to watch Gossip Girl. According to the Odyssey, the fashion, drama, the love triangles and, of course, Chuck Bass  are the main reasons why you should watch GG! If you have never seen it here are 10 reasons why you should watch “The Scandalous Lives of the Upper East Side Manhattan’s Elite.” 

The Wardrobe 

From dressing up in their school uniforms with high-end jackets, accessories, to the unforgettable Blair’s headband trend. Also, GG is all about going to many social events and parties that filled up their social lives with their very stylish wardrobe. 

Chuck Bass 

One of the main characters in the show Gossip Girl. His role is played by Ed Westwick, and Chuck Bass has an on-and-off relationship with Blair Waldorf but we all know they are meant to be. Chuck is described as a very fashional man, a little manipulative but he does have that soft side that we all love. 

The Thanksgiving Episodes 

All of the Gossip Girl’s Thanksgiving episodes are elite style. Each season has a Thanksgiving episode and let me tell you: it is worth the watch. There is so much drama with a side of the famous pie, and the unforgettable iconic scenes. In GG season 3, Jason Derulo’s hit song “Whatcha Say” plays in the background as drama is being exposed and everyone is just leaving the dinner table from left to right. ICONIC. 

Location

Gossip Girl is filmed in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York. I mean, it does not get any better than this! The show makes Manhattan so much more alive with the romantic moments, the drama scenes, and of course, the over the top luxury. They filmed throughout the streets of New York with some of their famous spots such as The MET steps, the Palace Hotel, the Empire Hotel and so much more remarkable locations! 

The Cast 

“Gossip Girl Here, Your One And Only Source Into the Scandalous Lives of Manhattan Elite.” Gossip Girl is narrated by the famous Kristen Bell and the cast is just phenomenal! Blair Waldorf is played by Leighton Meester, Serena Van Der Woodsen by Blake Lively, Chuck Bass by Ed Westwick, Nate Archibald by Chance Crawford, and Dan Humprey by Penn Badgley. The characters fit so well into every single actor, it’s like they are meant to play our favorite Manhattan’s Elite! 

Love Triangles  

Gossip Girl is known for its juicy love triangles that we love! I will say as the seasons go on some of these love triangles can get a bit complicated and some don’t even last quite long! My favorite love triangle is definitely with Serena, Nate, and Blair because that’s kinda how the show takes off and it is one for the books!  

Finding Out Who GG Is 

“Gossip Girl” is a blogging site that has everyone’s secrets and people are allowed to send in information to “Gossip Girl” and the site will publish: that’s where the drama begins. This blogger follows the lives of everyone through the 6 seasons and even though in season 1 when “Gossip Girl” is created we do see who is Gossip Girl and that’s one secret I will never tell… So I guess you will have to watch to find out!

Famous Camos  

Let’s not forget about the famous camos, starting with Lady Gaga and her performance of “Bad Romance” it was quite the background music for the event that was happening. Hilary Duff also starred in Gossip Girl as well as Tyra Banks, and let’s not forget the one and only Kristen Bell, who narrates the Gossip Girl. 

Six Series 

There are 6 seasons in total of Gossip Girl. All filled with drama, love triangles, fashion and so much more that we love! Each season is a new start but with the overlapping drama from the last season, it just gets better and better! It is worth binge-watching, you will not be able to turn off the TV!  

It Is Just The Best Show Ever!  

Lastly, all I have to say is that GG is the best show ever! This drama television series teaches you about high school, drama, friendship, family, and even love. So go and start your binge-watching now! 

Unfortunately, Gossip girl is no longer on Netflix (I AM STILL CRYING ABOUT THIS!), but it is on HBO MAX and Amazon Prime for our luck. 

“You know you love me. 

XOXO, 

Gossip Girl.” 

Kayla is currently a Senior at Lynn University majoring in Communications  with a focus on social media. Kayla spends a lot of her time participating in a variety of Lynn’s media outlets. Kayla has co hosted a weekly segment for the Lynn radio and for the past year has been a contributor on Her Campus Lynn social media and wrirting for the magazine.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.