This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

At last, the greatest season ever is upon us. The weather is growing cooler, the leaves are turning amber, the days are getting colder. The time of year that goes perfectly with a hot tea, a flannel, with ‘Gilmore Girls’ playing in the background. If you didn’t figure out what I’m referring to, I’m talking about the infamous fall. Not to be too biased, but Baltimore has one of my favorite fall seasons. The many many trees around us make perfect scenes for falling leaves. And the air gets so perfectly crisp that you just simply wouldn’t know what to do with yourself. Oh wait- that’s what I’m here for! 

So, are you loving this weather just as much as me and don’t know how to enjoy it in our college town of Baltimore? Have no fear! I present to you five fall activities to do in Baltimore! 

Going to a Raven’s Game 

As we are now in football season, the first thing I recommend is to attend a Raven’s Game! Football games are peak fall activity; It allows you to dress warm, hang out outside, and cheer on your local sport’s team! You can grab tickets here and make sure to check the game schedule (and weather!). Go Ravens! 

Visiting a Local Bookshop 

If you are in your Rory Gilmore era like me, then you know that books are a must. So one thing I will graciously recommend is visiting and supporting local bookshops in Baltimore. Two that I recommend are Charm City Books  and Greedy Reads, both not too far from Loyola’s campus. You also check out our chapter’s recent article on the best bookstores in Baltimore! I am the biggest advocate for smaller bookstores and I know these two places will not disappoint. Let me know if you need a book recommendation! Happy Reading! 

Visiting a Farm/ Orchard 

This next activity is my absolute favorite, and that is visiting a farm or apple orchard. Luckily for all of us, you can get both of those things 20 minutes away at Weber’s Cider Mill Farm! From September 18th- November 5th, Weber’s will be holding their annual Fall Harvest which is a super fun opportunity to do fall activities such as picking apples, riding on a hayride, doing fun mazes, and taking home a pumpkin! If you love animals, apple cider donuts, and are looking for cute fall photo ops, Weber’s Cider Mill Farm is for you! Tickets can be found here

Taking a Stroll Down the Inner Harbor  

If you want to experience one of Baltimore’s biggest landmarks this fall season, I highly recommend taking a walk down the Inner Harbor and experiencing all it has to offer. One of my favorite things to do is do a little bit of shopping and grab dinner at some of the waterfront restaurants, this is perfect for someone who likes the pretty water scenery like me. The Baltimore Inner Harbor also has many events going on during the weekend so be on the lookout for those when planning your trip!  

Shopping at Local Businesses  

This last activity involves also supporting small businesses in our area. Something also fun to do during fall is to shop at local businesses nearby. One neighborhood close to Loyola with a plethora of small shops and boutiques is Hampden: a quaint area that brings all the feels of Stars Hollow from Gilmore Girls but in Baltimore. It’s perfect for a saturday morning stroll of small window shopping and has many stores that fits everyone’s needs! 

All in all, these were some fun ideas if you were looking to branch off campus this fall. However, snuggling up with your friends wearing cozy PJs and watching Rom-coms is also ideal if you’re a homebody. But if you choose to go out, always remember to stay safe and have fun! 

Tyra Alexander is a National Writer for Her Campus, primarily writing about life, experiences, and academics. She is also a contributing writer at her campus chapter at Loyola University Maryland. Beyond Her Campus, Tyra is a Sophomore English Major and communications minor. She is a nonfiction editor for her campus' literary art journal, Corridors and is a copy editor for the school newspaper. In her free time, Tyra can be found reading a romance book (or two), dancing with her university’s dance company, or watching vlogs by her favorite YouTubers. She is a big fan of R&B and pop, with her favorite artists being Victoria Monét, Beyoncé, and Ariana Grande.