black vinyl record playing on turntable 1389429jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
black vinyl record playing on turntable 1389429jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Pexels

Jayda’s Midterm Study Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

Every midterm season is different. Sometimes I find myself swamped with essays to write, other times I’m zooming through piles of flashcards, studying for five different multiple-choice exams. Yet, some semesters aren’t as stressful. Sometimes my exams and due dates are more spread out, and I don’t have as much intense preparation to do. Whatever any given midterm season brings, music always gets me through. During more intense study sessions, I need a chill playlist – songs that are lively enough to keep my spirits up, but nothing too upbeat to tempt me into singing along and getting distracted. During those lighter, less intense midterm seasons, I reach for my go-to upbeat songs – those songs that I can’t help but dance and sing along to when they come on.

For this playlist, I’ve included a bit of both. There are some upbeat songs and some softer, slower songs because I’ve found a need for both this semester. All of the songs are by one of my all-time favorite artists, the one and only Michael Jackson. His music always puts me in a great mood, which is just what I need to stay positive as I push through the stress (and quite honestly, you could never, ever go wrong with a good MJ playlist!).

Songs 1-6 are upbeat, perfect for working on lighter assignments and projects. Songs 7-12 are more chill, for focused, intense study sessions. Enjoy!

“Why You Wanna Trip on Me”

“Love Never Felt So Good” feat. Justin Timberlake

“Workin’ Day and Night”

“Can’t Let Her Get Away”

“The Way You Make Me Feel”

“Remember the Time”

“The Girl Is Mine” feat. Paul McCartney

“Butterflies”

“Rock with You”

“Human Nature”

“Never Can Say Goodbye” by The Jackson 5

“Who’s Lovin You” by The Jackson 5

What are your favorite Michael Jackson songs? Let us know on socials by tagging us, @HCatLUM! Remember to stay tuned for more from our Midterm Study Playlist series, coming to you throughout the week!

Jayda Lawlah is a senior at Loyola University Maryland studying Psychology. In addition to her interest in Psychology, she also has a love for all things studio art and graphic design. On campus, she is an RA and peer mentor, and she is also currently the Vice President of Loyola's Black Student Association.
Peyton Skeels is a senior at Loyola University Maryland studying Economics with a minor in Entrepreneurship. She is an RA, member of Omicron Delta Kappa leadership honor society, and currently serves as a co-Campus Correspondent and the Editor-in-Chief for HC at LUM. When not studying, you'll find her gazing through her camera lens, listening to a podcast, or working on her blog, Patience and Pajamas.