This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

Across social media and with my own trial and error, I’ve picked up a variety of beauty tips, tricks, and products that have incorporated themselves into my daily beauty routine. As someone who loves all things beauty, wellness, self-care, prioritizing my morning and night routines are essential. During the summertime when I’m away from the stress of school, my routine goes through a drastic change as I am working to accommodate the weather.  

With summer, warm days, and beach trips rapidly approaching, I knew that some of these beauty tips, products, and new styles had to be ones I added to my everyday routine. For the summertime, here are five of my beauty favorites that I’m taking with me into the 80-degree sunny weather.  

I know this one isn’t exactly a beauty product, but it’s a hairstyle I’ve seen all over Instagram and TikTok that I finally decided to try this month. Using a simple, large claw clip, twisting your hair, and doing a neat tuck is a perfect way to keep hair out of your face and stay cool when the weather is warm. It also looks adorable paired with dainty gold earrings and sunglasses.  

1. Claw hair clips & “The Twist” 

I’ve seen so many variations of this hairstyle and finally learned to do it on my own hair. It’s incredibly easy and works on different hair styles. While it took some tries, “the twist” is now one of my favorite things to do to my hair!  You can find many tutorials online!

3. Sol de Janeiro Mist Fragrance 

The beauty brand Sol de Janeiro has some of the best products I’ve ever tried. One of my close friends from home gifted me their lip balm and hand cream for my birthday, and it truly smells like the most perfect, beachy summer vacation.  

While all of their products are amazing, there is nothing like their fragrance mist. It can be used as both perfume and a spray for your hair and smells absolutely amazing. It’s perfect to use during the summer to keep inside your beach bag or for use after a long day.   

3. Glossier Boy Brow 

During the summer, I find myself skipping a full face of makeup and usually end up walking out of the house with only mascara on. However, when I discovered Boy Brow by Glossier, I fell in love with this product.  

It’s a light, easy-application eyebrow gel that lasts all day and is perfect for the feathery eyebrow look. I use this every single day to shape my eyebrows and leave in my bag ready to take on the rest of the day! 

4. Y2K Beaded Necklaces 

Another accessory trend I found through social media was beaded necklaces inspired by Y2K fashion. Popular stores like Urban Outfitters and small shops on Etsy sell a variety of beaded necklaces with charms ranging from butterflies to flowers to smiley faces. 

These are a perfect accessory to pair with almost any outfit and add a fun pop of color to my clothes. I love pairing these with a dainty pair of earrings (or even matching earrings!) and layering necklaces with different charms. They’re a perfect fun accessory to buy, or even to make yourself! 

5. Tower 28 Lip Gloss  

I’ve been searching for the best lip gloss to wear that feels light, gives off great shine, and isn’t sticky. Tower 28’s lip gloss is the perfect gloss for any occasion and is absolutely perfect for long-lasting wear.   

Along with mascara and brow gel, I try and wear lip gloss as much as I can during the summer when I’m out to add something extra to my makeup routine that doesn’t feel heavy and isn’t regular lip balm. I love keeping one of these in my purse and in my makeup bag to reapply as needed! 

As summer rapidly approaches, I am so excited to begin a new routine and incorporate these new products and items into my life! (With also remembering to wear sunscreen, of course!) 

Sophie LaBella is a senior at Loyola University Maryland studying writing and communications with a minor in studio arts. When she isn't studying or working on one of her many unfinished poems, you can find her recording for her radio show at WLOY, embroidering her jeans, dancing, or spending time with her best friends!