This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

In our final installment of our Mary Kay Month, we’re back with a truly game-changing product. When the winds are blowing and the humidity is low, protect your skin with Mary Kay’s Naturally Moisturizing Stick! It’s compact enough to throw in your bag and take on the go so you’ll never be stuck with dry and flaky skin again! Two of our members, Amanda and Shelby, have been trying it out for a few weeks and they have to agree: this is it, chief. 

Amanda’s Review

I know what you’re probably thinking. A moisturizing… stick? What does that even mean?

That was my reaction, at least, and I can’t help but feel I’m not alone here. I’ve only ever encountered traditional moisturizers so I was quite confused when I heard about this product.

Before I rave about this baby, though, let me preface by saying that my skin has been through a lot. From hormonal cystic acne to those tiny little bumps that just won’t go away; from oily as butter to dry as a desert. I’ve had it all. 

Regardless of what stage it’s in, it’s always been incredibly sensitive. My skin takes months to adjust to new products — especially the numerous prescription products I’ve gone through — and there’s no telling what it’ll do in that adjustment period.

But, folks, let me tell you, my skin immediately accepted this product. I would currently describe my skin as combination, and the moisturizing stick is absolutely perfect for that. With impeccable ease I can apply it liberally to the dry, flaky patches on my temples and cheekbones and avoid using it in more oily areas like my chin.

The moisturizer glides on very nicely, and my skin immediately started to soak it up. I like to apply it at night, and every time I use it I wake up with softer, smoother skin. Truly amazing. The stick makes it easy to moisturize on-the-go too, if you’re into that sort of thing. 

I definitely would recommend using it as a spot treatment of sorts, focusing on dry areas of your skin and avoiding areas that may be prone to breakouts. 

All in all, this product has quickly become a regular in my skin care routine. 10/10 would recommend.

Shelby’s Review

When I first opened this bad boy up I was…admittedly apprehensive. It’s always a little nerve wracking to put a new product on your face, but especially if it looks like it’s going to be greasy or heavy. And, in the spirit of being a fair and unbiased reviewer, this did look like that to me during my first impressions. 

But, my feelings changed as soon as I started using it. I’ve never used a moisturizer in stick form but was pleasantly surprised! It’s kind of like using a really big chapstick – on your face – which is, honestly, delightful. 

Like all of the other Naturally products from Mary Kay, 100% of the ingredients are derived from natural sources. There aren’t any parabens, synthetic dyes or fragrances, alcohol, mineral oil or silicon to be found! 

I use this moisturizing stick in the morning before I leave for the day, carry it with throughout the day incase my face ever feels tight and then apply it again before bed. It helps soothe and hide any dry or rough spots on my face and leaves my skin feeling noticeably softer. What’s even better is that I can use it other places too, such as my elbows or my lips! 

This does work best when applied directly onto wherever you need it. If you try to rub it onto your hands and then apply it will be absorbed into your fingertips instead. But that’s why the stick-style application is so effective – it could not be easier to use! 

I’ve been recommending this product to all of my friends and family. I do need to warn you though: once you switch to a moisturizing stick it’s nearly impossible to transition back to traditional moisturizing creams!

If you want to grab your own moisturizing stick, you can pick it up here for $28. And don’t forget to check out the rest of Mary Kay’s Naturally skin care line – including their nourishing oil, cleanser and exfoliating powderhere

HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers. 
Amanda is a senior at Loyola University Chicago studying English and multimedia journalism. She's originally from the Cleveland, Ohio, area and is a huge baseball fan. When she's not drowning in papers (and even sometimes when she is), Amanda can probably be found watching her latest Netflix obsession or drinking coffee in one of the many great cafés throughout Chicago.