samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Students of Loyola: Liz Schwarting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Students of Loyola: a take on the very exciting, emotional, and raw, Humans of New York. I want to capture the students at Loyola in a way that has not been done before. I want people’s joy and struggles to be out there, without forcing anything too much. My first question, for my first interview, was our very own Liz Schwarting.

What are you most afraid of right now?

“I’m afraid that I’ll never be truly content with where I am in life. I’m scared that I will always be someone who finds fault in everything in her life or that my own anxieties will destroy what might make me so happy otherwise.

I think that I will always be just trying to keep my head afloat is a very overwhelming idea.

I feel often in my life, my overthinking, or just point blank, my anxiety disorder, has forced me to panic at situations that are going to be just fine. When I first came to Loyola, on paper, my life was very exciting and on an up turn, but I was petrified, and often shut down due to my anxiety.”

We all have our own struggles, insecurities, problems; it’s important to know where to find comfort and support. Fear is inevatible, you just have to work through it. 

I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.