books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash
Wellness > Mental Health

CC-Corner: The Real Spooky Season is Here

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

It’s the season of spooks at Loyola! We’ve got midterms AND Halloween festivities to worry about, which means there’s a lot to focus on. With all that’s going on, are you making sure you’re taking time for yourself? How can you balance spending fall in the city – a time popping with activities – with also getting everything done? Our presidents are here to give you some of the wisdom they’ve picked up over their last four years at Loyola. 

Photo courtesy of NONBRAND for Unsplash

Shelby: Since I moved to Chicago nearly four years ago, I’ve always loved spending fall here in the city. There’s no shortage of cute, seasonal activities to try out. And with Halloween right around the corner, it can be easy to feel like there’s not enough time in the day to take advantage of everything fun, let alone also keep up with midterms. Although testing season is always stressful, make sure that you’re also taking care of yourself throughout the process. That might mean taking a few hours out of your weekend to go to a pumpkin patch. Or multitasking by trying out a new cafe with fall drinks for your study sesh! It might be hard to remember, but college becomes more enjoyable when you take time to cherish the little moments. Years from now, those are what you’ll look back on. And when it comes to midterms: study early and study often. Some of my favorite spots to study on campus are the 7th floor greenroom in Mundy, the basement of the School of Communication, and inside the IES building. 

Diana: These past two weeks have been a flurry of birthdays, midterm exams and projects. It seems like I’ve barely had a moment to myself, and just like many other students during this time of year, I can feel it taking a toll on my energy levels. Something that helps me get through midterms is taking the time to sit down and write (thank you Her Campus). Even if you are feeling like you don’t have a second to spare, make it a priority for yourself to set aside 30 minutes to an hour to just write. Make lists, keep a journal, or maybe even draft up an article! Doing this small act for yourself is one of the kindest things you can do for your mental space during midterm season. Best of luck my babies:)

Photo courtesy of Toa Heftiba for Unsplash

Regardless of whether you’re scared of ghouls, ghosts, or midterms, we hope that you’re enjoying the start of the fall season. The biggest piece of advice that we CC’s can give you is just to take a deep breath and remind yourself it will all work out. And if you need a break, our members have so many wonderful articles going up this week… what better way to relax than checking out some of our content?! 

Are you thinking you might want to join our team? We’re here for it!! You can contact us at luc@hercampus.com to chat about your ideas, how you can begin, and how we can help you. Our platform at Her Campus is here for you to create! 

HCXO,

Shelby & Diana

HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers. 
Her Campus LUC CC Diana is a senior at Loyola University Chicago pursuing a bachelors degree in Creative Advertising, with a minor in Visual Communication. As a self-proclaimed horror novel enthusiast, avid drinker of intricate coffees, and pseudo art aficionado, Diana hopes to share her wide array of passions with the HERCampus readers.