Style

5 Amazon Wish List Items For College Students

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Look, I know there’s a lot of  controversy surrounding Amazon but let’s face it, when you have a college student budget (and patience), Amazon Prime is a great way to get essentials. Whether it be clothes or dorm room equipment, Amazon is a great way to find affordable things to ease stress. These items have been bought and tested so they have the stamp of approval. Here are five (sort of) items that should be on your Amazon wishlist as a college student. 

(Going-out) Tops

When you’re searching for the perfect top to wear with those jeans on the weekend, Amazon is the first place I look at. They offer a variety of tops for different body types and deliver fast. Above all, they are adorable and cute. Most of the tops I’ve bought from Amazon have gone “viral” on Tik Tok like this backless short sleeve one. It’s a subtle way to be sexy and still get coverage in the front. It is also a great basic to have in your wardrobe in general and there is a variety of colors to choose from. 

Another option for a short sleeve is a bodysuit like a tank that can squeeze you in just the right places. This can be a difficult one however, especially when using the bathroom in a bar but overall, it’s a cute way to show off your figure and still have a staple in your day-to-day wardrobe. As far as long-sleeve tops go, there are off-the shoulder options like this mesh one that is comfortable and flattering. I own the bright red one and have worn it one too many times but I always get compliments so I don’t plan on replacing it anytime soon. Finally, one more long-sleeve option is this half zip top. It’s the perfect way to make a sexy look if you want to or keep it classy. Either way, you can choose from a variety of colors and it’s the perfect way to go from day to night. 

Collegebox of Snacks

This is a great gift idea for the college student in your life or you can buy it for yourself. Running from around $20-$30, these boxes are full of delicious snacks from sweet to salty and are the perfect way to get your favorite indulgences into your dorm room when the dining hall is closed at midnight. There are many different variety packs to choose from and although only highlighted here is the brand “Collegebox” there is also a diverse group of brands to choose from.

Mental Health Book for All Four Years

This handy book is a great security blanket to have throughout all four years. Advertised as a way to help you through any tough times from orientation to graduation, this book truly is a great way to have a healthy and happy life in college. Above all, it’s important to understand that stress, heartbreak and all the bad emotions are normal but having a book like this one can help you deal with it and help you in the future.

Small Lamp

This lamp can fit in small spaces like your desk, and since dorm rooms notoriously don’t have good lighting (at least at my university), this is a great way to add some brightness. Along with provisioning light, this affordable option also has space for chargers and is a great way to add some outlets without using extension cords. As a bonus, it’s a touch lamp so you can feel bougie while being on a budget. 

Oversized Blanket Hoodie

Being a college student means a lot of things. One of the most important things is comfort. You want to find the perfect lounging set to stay up all night in and finish that 10-page paper you put off until the last second. This snuggies dupe is a great way to find that comfort. You can pick from many colors but be warned, the prices tend to change between colors. 

Until we have stable jobs and have our lives together (will we ever), these Amazon finds are the perfect way to affordably get by and make college life a little easier.

Sarah is from Dayton, Ohio and is currently studying MultiMedia Journalism at Loyola University Chicago. She enjoys thrifting, traveling, fashion, film photography and lifestyle. She is a creative person and finds comfort in writing, exploring the great city of Chicago, and listening to music. Her dream job is to travel and see the world as she writes about different cultures and activities to do in those different countries. Instagram: @sarahgsommers