This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisville chapter.

The world’s simplest equation: Snow Days + Quarantine = Online Shopping

Now that everyone’s bundled up and dreaming of a warm spring wardrobe, keep an eye out for the following fashion trends that you’ll wish you started when everyone’s wearing them in the next few months 

• Corset Tops

Netflix’s Bridgerton series is partially to blame for bringing hype to these structured and sexy tops. We’ve seen them on the runway and on stars like Gigi Hadid in 2020, but this style is making its way into every girl’s closet. Although this style may not work for larger-busted or more modest women, luckily, we’ll be seeing lots of layers with this, so throw a white tee underneath to cover up the “girls” and you’re good to go. 

• Zebra Stripes

For the past two years, cheetah print has been everywhere and personally, I’m glad to see something else in its place. Much like the cow print phase of 2020, we’ll mainly see bright and bold zebra patterns show up in fast fashion, and of course on our Pinterest boards. Especially for spring break, stock up on zebra print bikinis, bags, and tanks for a fun 2000’s throwback. (Turn up Avril Lavigne on your MP3 player while you’re at it) 

• Matcha Green

The color you’ll be wanting everything in this year: Sage/Matcha Green. This springy earth tone is already popping up on nails, home décor, and the runway.  I can’t get enough of this aesthetic shade and hope it’s here to stay, even after the spring season. Little accents of matcha and sage will brighten up your winter wardrobe, even when we’re still braving the snow and ice. 

•   Patchwork and Exposed Seams

Yet another throwback trend that’s making its way into fast fashion, patchwork denim and utility pants are going to be huge for spring street wear.   This casual style is definitely something even the lowest-maintenance girl can incorporate into their wardrobe. Be on the lookout for tops and tanks with exposed seams for a model-off-duty look to kill.

• Bright Baguette Bags

Pre-Winter 2020 we saw everyone carrying these trendy handbags, but now they’re popping up in bright colors and patterns for the upcoming season. These are the perfect addition to liven up boring outfits and match the blooming florals. Get ahead of the rest and swap out your winter coats for a springy bag. (Bonus points if you match it to your mask)

Hi! I"m Ashley Correll, a freshman at University of Louisville studying Marketing and Film.
Campus Correspondent at the University of Louisville I am an International Affairs and Communication major and minoring in French and marketing at the University of Louisville. If I am not studying, I am at the UofL Student Rec Center where I teach cycling/spin classes!