Wellness > Mental Health

How to Have the Best Day Ever: 3 Tips to Keep That Frown Turned Right Side Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

Everyone has had one of those days where nothing seems to go right, but not everyone knows how to turn those days around. Surprise! It’s easier to do than you might think! Here are 3 tips to help you combat one of those rotten days and transform it into the best day ever!

Attitude of Gratitude

Pause. Close your eyes. Take a breath. Replace those negative thoughts with positive ones. Think about what you’re thankful for and allow yourself to bask in those happy thoughts. Think of your best friends, your family, your pets. Appreciate the beautiful weather, the opportunities you’ve been given, or the fact that you woke up safe and sound this morning. Practice appreciating the little things in life and keep negative thoughts at bay.

two girls in a field of flowers
Unsplash
Treat Yourself

You know that delicious meal you’ve been craving all week? Go get it! Go shopping, have a mini spa day, or look up pictures of cute puppies. Take time to care for your mind and body. Personally, I love to drive around aimlessly and have a solid jam session with my favorite playlists! Take a look at these self-care ideas from wholefully.com: https://wholefully.com/self-care-ideas/

Chevanon Photography from Pexels
The Gift of Giving

Smiles are contagious! Try making someone else happy and check out the effect it has on your own mood. This can be as easy as calling and checking up on an old friend, making a card to send to a grandparent, or even simply making someone else laugh. If you really want to go all out, try volunteering somewhere in your community such as the local animal shelter or food bank. If you don’t know where to find these opportunities check out https://greatnonprofits.org/ to find nonprofit organizations near you.

Now, with these tips in mind, go have the best day ever!

Hailey Bereziuk

Louisiana Tech '22

Hailey is a Music Education as well as Human Development and Family Science student at Louisiana Tech University. She is a wedding singer, a music lover, and is involved in Alpha Chi Omega and the Association of Catholic Tech Students. She is so excited to take the new skills she’s learning in HerCampus into her day to day life.
I'm a Junior Creative Writing major and Editor in Cheif for the Her Campus chapter at Louisiana Tech University, who hopes to be a professional writer/editor one day! I love to joke around, but also talk about critical moments in my life and those that surround me to hopefully offer entertainment and guidance to my readers!