This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at London Met chapter.

The Midi Skirt

Most girls will forever be under pressure to look good on a night out, whether they are dressing to impress others, themselves or just to look good in a quick selfie. As we all know, the weather is pretty cold, but midi skirts have come to our rescue!

The once-1950s trend has returned to the catwalk, including in Prada and Celine Paris shows.

Rihanna, Victoria Beckham, Katy Perry, Vicky Pattison, Michelle Keegan and Kim Kardashian have all joined in this affordable and stylish trend.

Asos, £35

This midi skirt is bang on trend for this spring’s girly, flirty look. Not only does this skirt come in numerous colours, it emphasises her height and slim frame.

New Look, £10

This skirt has a fitted waistband and a not-so-revealing zip split — just enough to make this skirt a sophisticated office workwear and a cutting-edge high trend.

Missguided, £21.99

Leather is very popular this season. Glossy black leather screams gothic glamour. Black goes with almost anything, so teamed up with a different colour strappy top turns this outfit from gothic to girly glamour. 

Topshop, £48

Topshop never fails to keep up with the latest catwalk trends, and this pale pink bubble midi skirt is selling fast. 

Pretty Little Thing, £20

PVC is creeping into the fashion industry, with the likes of celebrities also rocking the trend. This PVC midi skirt is just £20 from Pretty Little Things. With the length just sitting above the knees, this daring skirt will be sure to turn heads

I am a journalist student at London Metropolitan University. I have a real love and passion for fashion. As well as writing for Her Campus, I have my own fashion blog.
I'm a first year student studying Journalism, Film and Television at London Metropolitan University. When I'm not updating my blog or writing for my university's magazine, I like to workout, read girly fiction and go to the theatre. Make-up tutorials and trashy reality TV shows are my guilty pleasures! I'm a girl who loves shopping trips and outfit co-ordination but there's nothing better than pizza night with a scary film and good company! Find me on twitter: @Rosie_Quigley