Celebrity – Hind Alqinai

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at London Met chapter.

1)     Name: Hind Alqinai

2)     Age: 20

3)     What are you studying? English Literature and Media Studies

4)     What is VibezWithUs about? VibezWithUs is a showcase, which is a platform for upcoming UK artists that need help and exposure in taking their music career to the next level. We help artists by giving them a chance to perform and we also help them to promote their projects. We help others organise events, and our services include promoting, stage-managing, booking artists and venues, organising and managing the event on the night etc.

5)     How did VibezWithUs start? I decided to start VibezWithUs when me and the artist Wanda were talking about how there was not enough support for underground artists, as most events only book artists that are well known in the industry, or have a ‘buzz’. I believe that everyone’s got to start somewhere in order to grow and VibezWithUs is definitely a good start.

6)     How has it “got bigger”? We have been running the event since July 2013 and we have been receiving great support from all over the country. Our crowd has grown and more artists are finding out about the showcase and wanting to get involved. We have also started organising and managing a few other events too and plan to do more of this in the future. We have had events at many venues in London from Catch in Shoreditch, to PROUD in Camden.

7)     What inspired you start the company? Nothing inspires me to carry on doing what I do, than seeing how much it helps artists build relationships, and find opportunities through networking as well as being able to show their ability and talents.

8)     What are your dreams with this company? We will definitely be touring around the country to give everyone a chance to join VibezWithUs and experience what it is like to perform in front of a music loving crowd. I hope that VibezWithUs will introduce more and more people to the UK music industry and show people in the industry that we don’t have to always follow American artists/music. We can lead our own way too.

9)     What latest events are happening with Vibezwithus? The next VibezWithUs event is going to be on the 11th February 2014 at PROUD in Camden. It is a Valentine’s special and there will be free entry, because I wanted to kick-start the year by thanking everyone for their support by giving something back to them. As well as the great live performances we have lined up for people, we will also be having an on stage dating show, open mic session and also have prize giveaways. It is definitely not one to miss out on.

10)  How can potential artists get in contact with you? Artists who are serious about music and have any questions can get in touch with me via twitter: @miss_hindzz.

To apply for a performance slot you can e-mail me at: hind_teamuk@hotmail.co.uk

We do have a long waiting list and prioritise those that have a project release, we will get back to you as soon as we have a slot for you.

Hi!My name is Norresa Perucho and I am a 3rd year journalism student at London Metropolitan University, working part time as a receptionist at a health club in a 4* hotel in West London.I own my own blog known as rawpetiteness.wordpress.com and I am also a Campus Correspondent for U.S. based website known asHer Campus, in which I am the editor of the London Met page.My family are from The Philippines but I am a native English speaker which has helped me to further develop my passion in writing and journalism.I have journalism work experience at Gay Times, Women’s Health UK, Surrey Herald Newspapers and Fil-Event.com.I also have a 2 year experience as an event manager for a dance competition known as the, ‘FYF Dance Competition’ where I managed a group of volunteers, learnt about time management and the group work.I have also experience a security guard at the London Olympics 2012, Wimbledon site as an X-Ray Scanner, bag searcher and body searcher.I love going out to eat, shopping and watching films in the cinema. I also love summer beach holidays. I hate the cold, the rain and nearly all sorts of vegetables... well: onions, garlic, ginger, eww.  I also love the sound of my own voice!A selfie-fanatic, and busting dance moves in front of the mirror, I love to bring a smile to everyone’s faces.You’re most likely to find me stuffing my face with burgers and steaks!Contact me on: Norresaperucho@live.com & @rawpetiteness  HCXO