This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Yes, LMU may not have a football team, but we do have plenty of other amazing athletic teams that we can go support and cheer on from the stands! There are 9 men’s teams and 12 women’s teams at LMU that you can support! It is time to do your part in promoting our school spirit. Here are some easy ways to get involved NOW!

1. GO TO GAMES!

The easiest way that you can show your school spirit is to go to some games! Take your friends, collect the free goodies, and cheer on your fellow Lions! Use the time to take a study break and get some snacks at the concessions counter.

2. Show off your Lion Pride with LMU spirit wear

At this point, who doesn’t own something that says LMU on it? If you don’t, go to the bookstore to get something spirited! Plus, you might get lucky and catch a free shirt at the game for next time!

3. Join The CAGE!

The CAGE  is a club that endorses LMU athletics and spirit. The CAGE is a great way to be involved in spirit and to cheer on your Lions! This club is open to all LMU students. Members get many benefits such as merchandise, exclusive shirts Jerseys, and have a section at all games to cheer from.

4. Follow LMU Athletics on social media to get all of the details on the upcoming games

Tracking the teams through all of the social media accounts is a great way to stay up to date on all games and wins, while they’re on the road.

5. Find a few friends to go to the games with!

Whether it is someone you are close with or not, going to games brings people together. Sit with people you recognize from classes and get to know them better. Go with anyone and have a fun time! Cheer on your friends, classmates, and roommates whether they are on a team or on the cheer or spirit squad!

6. Cheer until your throat starts to hurt

Since attendance at games isn’t always great, be the loudest you can! Chant LMU’s classic songs  and cheers with your friends or even be a cheer starter yourself!

7. Lastly, Don’t forget to post those cute pictures of you showing of your Lion Pride!

This is YOUR school! Make it the most memorable experience  you can by supporting your athletics teams. See you at the next game! GO LIONS!

I am a Freshman at Loyola Marymount University. I am majoring in Marketing with a minor in Graphic Design.
I'm Simona and I'm from Los Angeles! I am double majoring in Political Science and Psychology. Outside of school, I love going out with friends, traveling, and going on spontaneous adventures.