Take Me Out To The Ballgame

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Once Tampa Bay Rays and Milwaukee Brewers fans, now Dodgers fans. After the progress the Dodgers have made this season, how could we not be? Besides the 2 hour uber ride to the game and the struggle of trying to find one to get back, it was an amazing night. The Dodgers beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 5-8.

Our seats were behind Yasiel Puig in right field. We got the authentic baseball experience sitting out there. The energy in Dodger stadium is almost as incredible as the food. We all got Dodger Dogs for dinner, which are amazing hot dogs. I don’t know if they are amazing because they are made differently, or if it’s because they are famous. For dessert we got frozen yogurt in a Dodgers cap! I’m not generally a huge strawberry fan, but this strawberry froyo was incredible. We got to take home the caps, and they are very useful for holding everyday items like hair ties and bobby pins, as well as a cute decoration.

The best part of the game, besides the Dodgers winning, was that we got a ball! Fernando Rodney, a pitcher for the Diamondbacks, threw us up a ball from the bullpen. I think he saw my Rays hat and was excited because he used to play on the Rays.

Now the Dodgers are headed to the World Series for the first time in almost 30 years! We can’t wait to back the blue in the Fall Classic, and hopefully celebrate a win! Tuesday night, everyone should turn their TVs to Fox and watch the Dodgers- led by ace Clayton Kershaw, Cody Bellinger, Corey Seager, and Yasiel Puig, fight to win a championship and bring one home for Los Angeles. GO DODGERS!