This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

It’s that time of year again…midterm season. While pulling all-nighters may be helping you Ace that exam, don’t forget how important it is to indulge in some quick self care. Here are some super simple ways to help you de-stress.

1. Invest in Lavender

Lavender is one of the best scents for relaxation. Rub some lavender lotion onto your arms, or light a lavender candle in your room. The scent will help you calm you in no time.

2. Take a bath

Warm water and bubbles might be the best soothing combination there is. Soak in a nice warm bath, and apply a facemask. You’ll feel like the queen you are in no time.

3. Read a Magazine

Whether it’s your favorite gossip magazine, gardening magazine, beauty magazine-pick it up and read it. Allow yourself 20 minutes to completely de-stress and learn all about how to get the perfect blowout in less than five minutes.

4. Take a Walk

You don’t have to do a full-on workout to release your stress and tension. Simply taking a walk around the block can help clear your mind, and keeps you active.

5. Do Laundry

There’s something about having a full load of fresh, clean clothes that can be oddly satisfying. You definitely won’t have to stress the next day about finding a fresh pair of socks.

6. Eat Chocolate

Studies have shown that dark chocolate really does increase your happiness. If you need help keeping your portions in check, try the 100 Calorie dark chocolate sticks from Trader Joe’s. Thank you science!

7.Watch Netflix

And of course, there is always Netflix-one of the most excellent ways to de-stress for the day. Lay down, pop some popcorn, and enjoy your favorite show.

Hang in there collegiettes, and remember to take care of yourself.  

Just an endlessly energetic young woman who loves a good romance novel, thinks teacup pigs are absolutely adorable, and firmly believes that chocolate can be eaten at any time of the day.