This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Last week was my sorority little’s birthday. (Shout out to Delta Gamma!) I wanted to bake her something that pretty and pink, so I decided to bake a cookie pie. This cookie pie is not only easy to make, but also decadent and full of birthday cake flavor. It is best served warm with vanilla ice cream.

Ingredients 

Funfetti Pie

1 small bottle of rainbow sprinkles

½ cup Ghiradelli White chocolate chips

1 box Yellow cake mix

¼ cup vegetable or canola oil

1/2 cup of milk

1 large egg

Vanilla Buttercream

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened

6 to 8 cups confectioners’ sugar

1/2 cup milk

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Food coloring

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, oil, egg, and milk in a bowl until the batter is just combined. Fold in white chocolate and sprinkles. Be careful with the sprinkles!

Place the batter in a greased pie pan. The batter will be thick almost like cookie dough. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top of the pie is slightly golden. Let them cool so the gooey center can set.

For the buttercream:

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter, 4 cups sugar, milk, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating for about 2 minutes after each addition, until icing reaches desired consistency; you may not need to add all the sugar. Add in food coloring for desired color.