Best Things about Living in an All Girls Residence Hall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

I’m going to be honest, when I was placed in one of my school’s only two all-female residence halls, I was quite bummed. I tend to have more in common with guys. I grew up with two brothers and surrounded myself with guy friends in high school, so I wasn’t too sure of what to expect. Living in all-female residence hall has ended up being an extremely positive experience and here are seven reasons why I love living in an all-girls residence hall.

Girls Travel in Packs

Girls travel in packs, which means that there’s always someone willing to run with you to Target, accompany you to a party, or get dinner with you.

Exponentially More Clothes!!

Living with other girls means that you’re bound to find at least one other person your size willing to share their closet, which means that you always have something to wear (and it’s perfect for trying out a trend before you decide to splurge).

Getting Ready Becomes More Fun Than Going Out

Living with girls means having countless makeup artists and hairstylists at your disposal. Combine that with an awesome throwback playlist and you end up having your own party while getting ready for one.

A Residence Hall for Girls, By Girls

An all-female residence hall means that all leadership roles (including hall government) are occupied by girls. It also means that hall activities and outings are catered towards girls!!

Safety First!

In an all-female residence hall, it’s pretty easy to spot anyone who doesn’t belong, making it feel a lot safer.

Sweatpants, Hair Tied, Chillin’ With No Make-Up On

Since living in all-female residence hall means that you’re super familiar with your neighbors, there’s no one to impress! So go ahead and chill in your pajamas and eat peanut butter straight out of the jar – no one is judging you!

Every Night’s A Sleepover

The best part about living in an all-female residence hall is the people. Without the all the incredible young women who live in my residence hall, my dorm would feel a lot less like home, because between the face masks, pajamas, snacks, and late night conversations, every night feels like a sleepover with your best friends.

Maya is an LA native studying political science at Loyola Marymount University. She loves dogs, iced coffee, and Dodger baseball.