stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Balanced Blonde Returns To LMU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Last week, LMU welcomed bestselling author, hit blogger, and social media star Jordan Younger to speak to students in University Hall. Jordan, also known as “The Balanced Blonde,” is a Loyola Marymount alumna, and was involved as a member of the Alpha Phi sorority and studied English while attending. Her new book, “Breaking Vegan,” tells her story of transitioning from veganism to a more balanced and less restrictive lifestyle. Jordan briefed those who attended her talk on her journey, read an excerpt from her book, and answered questions from the audience. We are excited for what is to come for Jordan as she continues her journey as The Balanced Blonde, and are proud to call such an inspiring woman a fellow Lion.

Here are some things we learned about Jordan after hearing her speak:

– Jordan was inspired to start her own blog after reading and following The Blonde Salad, the popular fashion blog created by Chiara Ferragni, while studying abroad in Florence, Italy.

– Jordan is vocal about her personal struggle with veganism, and says that she thought of it like a cure for personal and health-related issues. She felt pressured to remain vegan from the vegan community she had fallen into online, even after realizing that she was no longer happy being vegan.

– Realizing that she had developed an eating disorder known as orthorexia, Jordan transitioned from The Blonde Vegan to The Balanced Blonde. Although she faced harsh backlash from her vegan followers, she drew inward and reflected within herself.

– Today, Jordan says that she is happiest making herself happy. She pushes this message on her social platforms, and hopes to inspire others to do the same. 

YouTube: Jordan featured on The Today Show