5 Ways to be More Productive this Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

1. Invest in supplies that will inspire you.

My bando planner is arguably my favorite thing I own. First of all it is so cute and has inspirational words scattered throughout and it also is a place for me to write down my assignments and track my progress. I also record all my fun daily activities in my calendar which makes it like a more convient journal to look back at everything I’ve done.

2. Set aside time to do homework

If you have an hour between classes or an on-campus job that allows you to do school work, dedicate that weekly time to homework. Even if you do not finish everything it feels good to make the most out of your breaks and it may even mean you will get a few extra hours of sleep!

3. Break big projects into smaller tasks

This will help you from getting overwhelmed and will give you a sense of accomplishment as you make progress.

4. Have a reward or something exciting to look forward to

Maybe you tell yourself you will get ice cream after you are done or you plan something fun with your friends to inspire you to push through, whatever it takes to encourage yourself!

5. Focus on one thing at a time

It may seem like multitasking is the way to go but you will work much faster and efficiently if you see one thing through at a time.