This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

If anyone is as much of a Starbucks fanatic as I am, you know that the addictive, costly drinks are not always the best for you.  Most of the drinks contain more than 30 grams of sugar in a Grande size, which is crazy!

However, there are always health fanatics trying to find alternatives to these drinks so that one can sip on their Passion Fruit Tea without feeling guilty about consuming the sugars, added syrups, and calories.  Let me introduce you to Alex Moe: The Macro Barista (@themacrobarista on Instagram).  Two summers ago, I was on a major health kick and was convinced that my beloved Pink Drink could be made in a Venti size without 35 grams of sugar.  I came across Alex Moe’s Instagram (who is an actual Starbucks barista that experiments with different teas and flavors) in order to replicate popular drinks that are macro-efficient.  I was so excited to try everything on his page!  So here are 5 very well-known drinks from Starbucks, made healthy!

1. The Pink Drink: (one of my all-time favorite drinks)

HOW TO ORDER

• Ask for a Venti Passion Tango Iced Tea *UNSWEETENED
  • Ask for strawberry infusion
  • Light coconut milk
  • Scoop of strawberries (optional)

THIS DRINK ONLY CONTAINS

• 1 gram sugar
  • 35 calories
  • 1g fat
  • 6 g carbs

2. Matcha Latte: (my new go-to)

HOW TO ORDER

• Ask for strawberry infusion
  • Light coconut milk
  • Scoop of strawberries (optional)

THIS DRINK ONLY CONTAINS

• 1 gram sugar
  • 35 calories
  • 1g fat
  • 6 g carbs

3. Iced Caramel Macchiato

HOW TO ORDER

• Ask for a Venti Cold Brew
  • 1 pump of caramel syrup
  • 4 pumps of sugar-free vanilla
  • Light cream
  • Light caramel drizzle

THIS DRINK ONLY CONTAINS

• 9 g sugar
  • 105 calories
  • 6 g fat
  • 10 g carbs

4. Iced Chai Tea Latte

HOW TO ORDER

• Ask for a Grande Iced Chai Tea Latte
  • Ask for two and a half pumps of chai
  • Substitute coconut milk
  • Light water
  • 2 Splenda (optional)

THIS DRINK ONLY CONTAINS

• 12 g sugar
  • 130 calories
  • 3.5 g fat
  • 23.5 g carbs

5. Mango Dragonfruit

HOW TO ORDER

• Ask for a Grande Mango Dragon Fruit Refresher
  • Light refresher base
  • Light water
  • Light coconut milk

THIS DRINK ONLY CONTAINS

• 13 g sugar
  • 80 calories
  • 2 g fat
  • 14 g carbs

These are only a few of the alternative Starbucks drinks that Alex Moe has posted on his Instagram page.  If you are into both health AND Starbucks, then I would highly recommend scrolling through his page and seeing the other drink options.

I hope you can all treat yourself to some “healthy Starbucks!”

Hi, my name is Domenica, I am 21 years old, and I am from the Chicago suburbs in Illinois. I am a junior at LMU and love it! I am currently a Psychology major with a double minor in Spanish and Business Administration and am really enjoying it so far. I joined the HerCampus team during the second semester of my freshman year and love writing articles in all areas for everyone to enjoy.
Her Campus LMU