Sorority Spotlight: Alpha Phi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Want to learn more about each sorority? For the next nine weeks, we will be featuring each chapter on campus. This week: Alpha Phi.

ICYMI: AXO

How would you describe the typical “Alpha Phi” woman?

As Alpha Phis, we are always there for one another, no matter what. We are dedicated to our academics, our extracurricular activities, and most importantly, each other.

What is your best memory as a house?

Our favorite memory would have to be the Sunday morning we decided to all make breakfast together. We may have gotten way too into perfecting our omelets, but eating together afterwards while laughing about our successes, or lack there of, in the kitchen is something we’ll never forget!

How big are your PCs usually?

PCs range between 25 and 35 members.

What is your overall house GPA?

Our overall chapter GPA is 3.38.

What is the chapter’s favorite meal that the chef makes?

Our chef, Mel, makes an Italian dinner every Sunday night so that we can sit down and eat together as a family to start our week. We also love her soups and cookies!

What are your favorite Alpha Phi traditions?

We always look forward to our sisterhood events, including an annual apple picking outing and chapter wide trip to Dorney Park! 

How is your chapter different from the others on campus?

We love that everyone is unique and brings something different to our chapter. We truly believe that Alpha Phi is special because of the strong bonds of sisterhood we form through the combination of our various backgrounds, personalities, talents, and interests!

What is your philanthropy? What are some events that you do to raise money & awareness for your philanthropy?

We raise money for the Alpha Phi Foundation which contributes towards Women’s Cardiac Health. We have our annual flag football tournament, Phiesta Bowl in the beginning of the year as well as Cardiac Care Week in early November. During Cardiac Care week, we hold a variety of events to promote our philanthropy such as Cardiac Arrest, where we hold various members of the Lehigh community in jail (on bail, of course)! Additionally, we always look forward to our Red Dress Gala in February, an opportunity for our families to come together for a night of learning and support.

Some people are worried about the financial commitment that is associated with Greek Life. How have sisters in your sorority dealt with this issue?

Alpha Phi makes accommodations to ensure that our members will become and remain part of our chapter!

What would be your chapter’s advice for a PNM about going through recruitment?

Look out for women that you genuinely want to call your sisters. Always be yourself and don’t be afraid to follow your own heart. As cliché as it sounds, you will end up where you belong! 

Tumblr: lehighalphaphi.tumblr.com

Instagram: @lehighalphaphi

Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/lehighalphaphi

Websitehttp://lehighalphaphi.webs.com/

Sign Up for Her Campus Lehigh’s Recruitment Newsletter Here

Hi, I'm Amber! I'm the President & a Co-Correspondent of Her Campus Lehigh. I'm a senior Marketing major minoring in both French and Mass Communications at Lehigh University and graduating in May 2017. I am currently the founder of JC Cares 4 U, a Non-Profit Organization aiming to help breast cancer survivors, and I am an Admissions Fellow at Lehigh University Admissions where I interview prospective high school seniors. I have a passion for great food, traveling, and keeping up with celebrity tabloids. I love staying busy, trying new things, and believe in paying it forward. Someday I'll write my own tell-all book so you'll have to wait for it's release to learn more about me!