sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Her Campus Yoga & Wine Evening

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

This Monday we hosted our first Yoga & Wine Evening as part of the LUU ‘Give it A Go’ initiative.

The evening was a huge success, with tickets selling out long before the day of the event!

We welcomed current, new and non-members to the intimate and newly opened venue of Pyramid Café, located downstairs of the Union.

To organise this fantastic event, we got in contact with Yoga Soc and were lucky enough to be put in contact with the amazing Becky Roberts, a brilliant yoga instructor. 

After signing them in on Monday evening, we welcomed our attendees with a glass of wine of their choice – rosé, white or red. We then got the mats out and got ready for yoga! 

Becky led a fantastic session – we began with some meditation, leading into some deep Pranayama (breathing exercises). This was followed by Vinyasa flow- which is breath to movement.

The session then properly began by starting with some sun salutations. Our main postures were Warrior 1 and Warrior 2 – Downward Dog – followed by balancing poses – we tried three variations on the ‘Tree Pose’. 

After the session was over, everyone felt incredibly chilled out and ‘zen’.

Her Campus would like to thank Becky as well as everyone who attended for a fantastic and unforgettable evening!

Due to such success and high demand for Yoga & Wine we hope to make this night a regular (maybe once or twice a month) event!

.