5 Fun Activities to Celebrate Easter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

I’ve always felt like Easter is one of those times when I don’t really know how to celebrate. With Christmas, there’s always Secret Santa or a themed Otley run (where, by the end of the night, at least three of your mates have lost their Santa hats). Then, during the summer you can chill with friends in Hyde Park or have a couple of drinks in the pub (where, for once, you can sit outside at 5pm and not be freezing). 

But Easter is that strange one in between, where I always find myself wondering what there is to do, whether you celebrate the holiday religiously or just want to enjoy yourself. 

Well, hopefully, this article will give you a few ideas on how to make your Easter a bit more special this year! 

1. Easter-themed cocktail night 

There’s always an excuse for cocktails and I say Easter is a valid one. Why not give Easter cocktails a go with the girls? 

It seems like a bizarre concept to combine the two, but, honestly, it works, just have a look at these: 

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/easter-drinks-recipes

Making mini egg martinis is next on my to-do list!

2. Easter picnic 

Because who said picnics are just for summer? With the sun out, I say we make the most of it. Have a picnic in Hyde Park or in your hometown’s local park with your mates and make it Easter-themed; bring the chocolate eggs, hot-cross buns and Rice Krispie Treats. 

This is what my picnic in Hyde Park the other day looked like:

easter picnic hyde park
Original photo by Mia Raja

3. Easter baking sesh

I’m not a great cook myself but baking is always fun and can be pretty easy, as well as a relaxing activity to do in your spare time! Get the girls around and try out some new recipes!

My advice: Check out BBC Goodfood’s ‘Easter Baking recipes’. (unlike me, you might be pleasantly surprised by your skills.)

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/easter-baking-recipes

4. Easter nails 

If nails are your thing, why not make them seasonally appropriate and Easter-themed too? There are plenty of cool designs out there to try! 

5. Easter Brunch

Everyone loves a good brunch, so I reckon Easter is a great reason to have another one! No better time for eggs. 

If you’re a bit of a chef and looking for something a bit quirkier, check out these unusual brunch food ideas: 

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/holidays-recipes/slideshow/easter-brunch-recipes

I think Easter Sunday Brunch will be where I’m at!

Let us know if you give any of these a go :)

Words by: Mia Raja

Edited by: Dasha Pitts-Yushchenko

Mia Raja

Leeds '24

I'm an English Lit student, originally from Hertfordshire, studying at the University of Leeds. Writing has always been a passion of mine and I think articles help us find our strong voice and really get our opinions and information out there. When I'm not typing or scribbling away I can be found playing the sax, chilling with friends or cuddling my dog, Coco!