You Know You Go to Laurier Brantford When…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Laurier Brantford chapter.

1. You don’t know what you see more of: cats, squirrels or scooters.

2. There’s a bake sale happening in Odeon every other day.

3. They call it Twelve Bars, but it’s actually five bars.

4. The two biggest debates are (1) how to properly pronounce “Dalhousie” and (2) whether Lonnie’s is better than Admirals.

5. You look out your window to see a local rolling a washing machine down the middle of the street in a stolen grocery cart.

6. You recognize 90% of the people you see when you walk through campus.

7. Your professor is hardcore left wing.

8. The don team is the strictest squad of dons in all of Ontario.

9. Today there was a rare sighting of a male student who’s not in Criminology.

10. No matter how high your grades are, there will always be someone on Market Street who is higher.

11. You were today years old when you found out our campus has a yearbook.

12. We are all seeking revenge on whoever decided to implement Brantford Foundations.

13. You thought your exam was confusing? Try figuring out the Brantford bus schedule.

14. You’ve saved oodles of money thanks to the fact that every bar is within walking distance.

15. Vegas is FORBIDDEN territory.

16. The cheese croissants at Golden Grounds are to die for.

17. When telling someone what school you go to, you’re already preparing yourself for their next question: “Why Brantford?”

18. Everyone comes from Hamilton, Toronto or some farm town in the middle of buttfrig nowhere.

19. Our girl to guy ratio is 8:1. In other words, you might need to look somewhere else if you’re trying to find your future husband.

20. You go through a mini quarter-life crisis at some point in first year and wonder what the heck you’re doing at this campus…

21. …but by fourth year you can’t picture your life any other way.

Jessa Braun

Laurier Brantford '19

Jessa Braun is a Community Health student and the President/Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Laurier Brantford. Living and breathing sports, she represents her school in both cross-country and soccer and is sports editor for The Sputnik newspaper. She is also President and founder of She Scores (www.shescores.ca), a nonprofit that aims to raise gender equity in sport. In her (basically non-existent) spare time, Jessa reads Harry Potter and explores forests.