burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What It’s Like Walking in a Bridal Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Wondering what it’s like to walk in a bridal fashion show?  Nerve wracking is the first word that comes to mind, and that was just the rehearsals. I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. I had no modeling experience, or experience walking in a fashion show, before this. The worst part was, I had no idea what I was doing. How was I supposed to walk? Would my worst fear of falling flat on my face in front of everyone come true?

The two rehearsals we had were the day of the event after our hair and makeup. We had a runway coach, and she first looked at how we walked down the runway pre-coaching. After that, the runway coach gave us some tips. The first was to walk slower. Of course, you don’t want to walk too fast that the audience doesn’t even see the dresses. Second, don’t look at the runway as you’re walking. Find something to focus on in order to keep your head up. Third, don’t forget to pose at the end of the runway, turn around and come halfway up the runway and pose, walk to the beginning of the runway and pose one last time, then walk off stage. It was difficult to remember all of this, especially with only two rehearsals. While we were backstage waiting for the event to start, my nerves were all over the place; I was shaking really bad and my heart was beating very quickly.

When it came time for the fashion show, the nerves were stronger than ever. Walking backstage to where we would enter the stage, the nerves started disappearing and the excitement kicked in. I couldn’t believe I was about to do this! I felt beautiful in the bridesmaid dress I was wearing, and my hair and makeup was on point. I was ready for this!

I was the first person to walk the stage. As soon as I walked on and posed and heard the crowd cheering, my nerves were gone. I felt confident and beautiful, and I was having the time of my life. I’m so grateful that I had the opportunity to walk in this runway show.

Gabriela Giubilo is a senior at Lasell College. She is majoring in Event Management with a minor in Psychology. She loves to read, watch tv, spend lots of time on Tumblr, and hang out with friends in family. She just completed a semester abroad in Queensland, Australia. Her goal is to work as an event designer and move to LA.