These College Hacks are Going to Change Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

In honor of getting back into the swing of things, Her Campus Lasell is heading back to school in style.  We’ve got the tips and insights to get you through, whether you’re a freshman or a senior.

College can be some of the best years of your life, but also some of the most stressful. Balancing schoolwork, clubs, social life, work, and more can be really hard for most people. Here are some life hacks every college student should know to help them through their four years.

Save a picture of your schedule to your phone

Sometimes you can’t always remember your schedule, and that can be an issue when you are trying to go from class to class with little time. Take a photo of your schedule and make it your lock screen or save it to your favorites folder in your pictures to always have easy access to it. 

Pack your backpack the night before

Packing your supplies before you go to bed the night before will ensure you have everything ready for a full day of classes and gives you more time to sleep in in the morning and not worry about forgetting your things. 

Loft your bed

Lofting your bed allows for more space underneath, where you can store bins, shoes, hampers, and anything else you need to store!

Give yourself an incentive while studying 

Whether it’s with snacks, music, tv, etc., giving yourself a break between studying can keep you more focused and help you ace your classes. 

Tape your power strip to the wall

Taping your power strip to the wall near your bed or desk gives you more options to sit when your phone needs to be charged. 

Invest in a planner

College life is so busy and with all the clubs and events you will be attending class, it can be hard to remember every event or assignment. Using a planner can help lower your stress and keep your days and schedule organized. 

Use different colors for each subject

Color coordinating notebooks, binders, and folders for each class can help you keep track of all of your things for each class and make it easier to remember your things. 

Ask questions in class

Don’t be afraid to ask questions, it is more important to clarify something you are stuck on than worry about asking a dumb question in front of your peers. 

Get free items whenever they are offered on campus

Always taking free items when they are available to you, such as water bottles, laundry detergent, shirts, etc., not only get you to come to campus events but make it so that you don’t have to spend your own money buying them yourself.

Always take notes

Taking notes, whether you think you need to or not, you cannot remember everything from all of your classes, so it is crucial to take notes, especially when it’s time to study for tests, midterms, and finals.

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)