This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

*Disclaimer: according to the Mayo Clinic, the daily consumption limit on caffeine is around 400 mg. Please consume energy drinks safely*

As a college student trying to juggle classes, work, and clubs, sometimes my energy levels are lacking. In my many all-nighters I have tried numerous energy drinks. So, I am here to rank them on effectiveness, because let’s be honest, when we are consuming energy drinks we aren’t really looking for something that tastes good, we are looking for a boost. 

Alani Nu

Alani Nu is a fairly new energy drink on the market. I have tried a couple of flavors and they honestly aren’t terrible tasting, however the effectiveness could be better. The first couple I had I was pleasantly surprised, but after about four (not in the same day or consecutively) on four separate occasions, I noticed that they didn’t give me that initial energy boost I was looking for. I am going to give this drink 5/10 energy stars. I think they are great for a little pick-me-up, but they’re not my first choice for a midterm or finals study session.

Monster Energy

Monster Energy is what I lived off of in high school. My personal poison here is the Ultra flavor as I find these ones don’t taste too bad. As for effectiveness, this drink gets 7/10 energy stars. While it is definitely better than the Alani Nu’s, I think because I drank it so much in high school it has lost its touch. Again, maybe not my go-to for an all-nighter, but I would definitely grab one for a later night.

Redbull 

I recently just tried a Redbull for the first time, and let me tell you, this is the one for all-nighters and finals time. I tried the light blue sugar-free one, and it is definitely not the most tasty. But, it makes up for that in the effectiveness category. I give this 9/10 energy stars. I wrote a five page essay in an hour after drinking one of these.

Again, please consume energy drinks responsibly; this is just me sharing my opinions. Overall, out of these three, my personal poison is Redbull. 

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!