Her Campus Logo Her Campus Logo

No Plans? See The Vagina Monologues This Weekend!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Need something to do on-campus this weekend? Come see the Vagina Monologues! The Health Education department is sponsoring the show, where 17 Lasell students will perform monologues from sexual assault survivors and other women.

The two shows are this upcoming weekend! The first show will be Friday, Feb. 23 at 7 p.m. The second and final show will be Saturday, Feb. 24 at 2 p.m.

This show will leave you laughing as women share monologues about “what type of clothes their vagina would wear” and other light-hearted topics, but will also make you cry when you hear a rape victim’s story. This show celebrates women, their vaginas, and their struggles, while also raising awareness for women’s rights, sexual assault, and other disadvantages women face.

Tickets will be sold for $5 at the door. 90 percent of ticket sales will go to the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center (BARCC). The other 10 percent will go to the V-Day Foundation, the organization that puts on the show. Good Vibrations from Wellesley will also be there tabling. From someone who’s attended the show every year, I highly recommend coming to see it!

Her Campus Placeholder Avatar
Kyle Mahoney

Lasell '18

Kyle Mahoney is a recent Lasell College graduate. Kyle majored in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations, with a minor in Business. Kyle has written for Her Campus Lasell for three years, as well with completing an internship with HCHQ Spring semester of 2018.