The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

With Thanksgiving past and the Holidays coming up soon, the New Year is approaching quickly. I, for one, have been keeping track of exciting books that are coming out in 2024. Some of these are books I have been waiting on for only months, while a few others I have been waiting on for a year or two. I hope this article helps you decide what books you want to read in the upcoming year! 

House of Flame and Shadow by Sarah J. Maas

Surprise-surprise that I mention this book, but Maas is my favorite author so of course I have to. I have been waiting for this book since the second I put House of Sky and Breath down. As soon as  Maas put the pre-order link up on her Instagram I bought it. This is the third edition in the Crescent City series by Sarah J. Maas and the one that I am absolutely looking forward to the most. I don’t want to go into any of the details of this book, because it will spoil the storyline, but please read this series! If you have read any of Maas’s other books, you will not be able to put it down. 

Not In Love by Ali Hazelwood

Ali Hazelwood is an author I discovered last year, who has now become one of my favorites! Not In Love is another book following Hazelwood’s recurring theme of “academia romances”. While her last academia romance, Love, Theoretically, focused on physicists, this one will revolve around biotechnicians. 

The Prisoner’s Throne by Holly Black
This duology is a spin-off of The Folk of the Air series by Holly Black. The first book, The Stolen Heir, was told from the main character’s point of view 8 years after the events of the last book. It followed Suren, the queen of the Court of Teeth, and Oak, the younger brother of the main character in The Folk of the Air. This upcoming book will be told from Oak’s point of view of the events from The Prisoner’s Throne and what occurred afterward. 

Jade Durkee

Lasell '25

Hi! I'm Jade Durkee, I'm a junior Psychology major at Lasell University. I'm from Hopatcong, New Jersey. I love reading, video games, crocheting, and playing piano.